Suggestion Wrap excessively long member names?

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any chance of causing some of the longer member names to wrap? I've seen 20+ names recently and over the years and they cause content to be "tabbed" over... the problem is compounded if they post large images.

Just a thought, maybe wrapping names if they exceed 10-12 characters?

:confused

We have create new limits to keep names to 15 characters or less. I don't know how easily we can make names wrap. Usually when I run across someone with a longer than usual name, I will write them and ask them if they would consider shortening it.

This only happens with long names with no spaces, such as TylerDurdenSoapMaker (hate to call you out, but you're the one I see the most.) If it was Tyler Durden Soap Maker it would wrap it fine.

This only happens with long names with no spaces, such as TylerDurdenSoapMaker (hate to call you out, but you're the one I see the most.) If it was Tyler Durden Soap Maker it would wrap it fine.

Actually, TDSM changed his name to just Tyler Durden a couple of months ago for the very reason that his name was too long. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back