Interest Y-Wing Cockpit Fuselage and L'Eggs Cast Parts - RUN CLOSED

Re: Y-Wing Cockpit Fuselage and L'Eggs Cast Parts

Okay, so it looks like there might be enough interest to allow me to set the price for the Forward Fuselage shells at around $125/set plus shipping. With that in mind, is there anyone currently on the list that DOES NOT want to order a set, or is on the fence? Please PM me if that's the case, no need to post in the thread. No need to PM about the Egg parts right now since those prices won't change.

Hey guys... I am well underway in casting the L'Eggs parts, Canopies and Torpedo Bay Shells and am about to start on the forward fuselage castings. I'd like to get an accurate count of who wants what. Please PM me if you'd like any or all of the following:

Forward Fuselage Set (includes fuselage shells, canopy and torpedo bay castings, and laser cut fore and aft bulkheads. No cockpit interior parts.)
L'Eggs engine nose cones (one pair)
L'Eggs tail shrouds (one pair)

As I get castings done I will contact buyers in list order with payment information. I won't be updating the list, it'll get too confusing with all the variations of who wants what!

Please include your location in the PM so I can calculate shipping costs when the time comes.

As seen in the build thread, I have modeled the detail parts that dress out the tail shrouds (Sealab cranes, control vanes, side shocks, etc.). I've ordered a set to be 3D printed at Shapeways. Once the fit with the shrouds has been confirmed I will post the files to the repository for anyone that also wants to have them printed, as well as the pattern files to cut the vertical control vanes out of styrene. (the price to have these parts printed was about $39)

Last edited:

An Update - While I wait for the 3D printing forward fuselage shells to get done in the Far East I've finished up casting all the L'Eggs engine cones, canopies and torpedo bay shells. I'm also working on the tail shrouds... there will be a post about that in the main build thread soon.

IMG_1890_zpsrkhiimc9.jpg

IMG_1884_zpsfq2ct2sx.jpg

IMG_1888_zps9v8hpmu0.jpg

Make sure that you are set to received email notifications of PMs. That is the primary way I will be making notifications on when payments are due.

Progress!

IMG_1965_zpscfqqb7mo.jpg

Now that the molds are done for the shrouds I'm having to adjust the price a little to $40 for a set of two cones and two shrouds. I hope everyone understands.

Last edited:

Hi Dave,

I'll take what ever you have to make one model please.
Bernie

Last edited:

Great video! Both to see the parts and the progress, but also to see and hear Dave :)

An Update - Casting of the tail shrouds is continuing and I'm just about ready to pour the first mold halves. I'll post more pix as soon as there's something to see. Thank's for your patience.

I don't know how I missed this thread Dave, I'm interested in front and rear y engine shrouds at a minimum,
are the cockpit and tee assemblies still available and what price are we at now .
thank you

An Update - Casting of the tail shrouds is continuing and I'm just about ready to pour the first mold halves. I'll post more pix as soon as there's something to see. Thank's for your patience.

Dave. Any chance I can get in on this?

JEDIFYFE - I will put you on the wait list. I have to see how many casting I can get out of a set of molds before I can guarantee I'll be able to get you a set.

I'll also be interested in the forward fuselage Dave , I hope you get enough out of that second mould ( I'm in already for nosecone and tail l'egg castings )
amazing progress Dave

Starting to fill orders...

As I (slowly) get sets of castings done I am starting to fill orders, working my way down the list. I will send individual PMs with payment information as parts are available. Please be patient, the casting process is turning out to be slow going.

Dave

If you have expressed interest and the country to which the parts will ship IS NOT listed in the stats under your name please PM me with it so I can calculate shipping as parts come available. Thanks for your patience guys. Parts are starting to go out!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back