Y-WING 'Gold Leader' Studio Scale Build by dtssyst

#14 Panzer kampfwagen III Ausf.N Tamiya 1/35?

Attachments

• 0145733C-1072-46D5-A912-FACF41687535.png
    0145733C-1072-46D5-A912-FACF41687535.png
    7 MB · Views: 88
#4 is AMT 1/25 Peterbuilt wrecker.
#12 is Williams Brothers 1918 LeRhone radial engine.
#7 Is Peerless Max 155mm M1-A2

I have a noob question about y wings. Are they very different from one another ? Like other than paint schemes. I haven't really studied the y wing. I know there are some different part lay outs, but I can't tell one from another. Except for color that is. Sorry to ask in your thread, but figured you guys would know, ; )

They are all somewhat different. Like you said each one has its own particular parts placement but the majority of parts are the same on all Y-Wings. The easiest way to tell them apart is the paint scheme used on the head and the top pylon plug, they are unique to each ship.

You are all just so awesome. Thank you for helping. Please keep going and I'd those parts. Maybe once done , someone can make parts maps to help the entire community. :)

DTSSYST,

I have a bag of everything you need except #10 and #17 headed your way by Thursday. If anyone can get me those ID's we can make this Gold Leader complete. I know I have #17 in my possession somewhere, but can't recall what it's from. 10 is simply drawing a blank, and I can't tell if it's part of a landing gear strut, part of a bigger piece that's been cut off, or a small F1 engine part.

Studio Kitbash,
I thank you so very much. I hope I can get to show these builds to you in person someday.

Thanks again to everyone for helping to ID the parts. :)

I look to get more done and show everyone more progress by the end of the week.

Does someone want to send me a picture of 7 on the sprue of the Peerless Max? I have the kit, but can't seem to find that part, and so would like to pull this piece before sending to dtssyst. I also have the Testors and/or Italeri version, so if it's on that one too it'll also work.

Last edited:
Also, just to be clear, the original kit was Max, then Peerless/Max took it over, and the 1975 version that ILM would have used would have been the AIRFIX 155mm Howitzer boxing, for all you purists out there. I don't currently have an Airfix boxing, but do (now) wonder if that kit would reveal even a further difference in part numbers?

The Testors version came out in 1982 and the latest/most recent version of this kit is the Italeri version from 2020.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back