Y-Wing - Unanswered or Unasked Questions

What part (s) come from the Bandai 1:24 Panther G? Are they on Red Jammer only? Is it worth trying/hoping to scare one up?

When I had my kits I had most of the Y covered, and a few remaining conspicuous parts were from kits I knew, not the Panther G. It seemed as though whatever part is in that kit must be insignificant enough, like being tiny, mostly hidden, or on only one variant, to not bother.

Not really sure, but this is the only part that I see that could maybe from that kit. The elbow on the underside by the mount point.

View attachment 665247

I should add, I'm only saying it looks like it. I have no idea if it is.

Last edited:
On the Ladd Y, there is an instrument panel piece from the bandai 1/24 on the right rear upper area. That's the only part I've noticed coming from it.

How much is cut off of the L'Eggs upper egg? I estimated from photos that, minus the lip, 1/2" is cut off, making it 1.75" tall.

How far inside the Saturn V tube does the cone-shaped shaped piece sit, and how far outside of it does the thrust nozzles begin?

Can anyone who has the LS Morgan post measurements of the width and height of the 'oil pan' part that has the bolts on it?

Just to note again: I'm asking for everyone, while trying to work these measures out as well. This information is needed to build a Y and I don't see it discussed much.

Can anyone who has the LS Morgan post measurements of the width and height of the 'oil pan' part that has the bolts on it?

Just to note again: I'm asking for everyone, while trying to work these measures out as well. This information is needed to build a Y and I don't see it discussed much.

View attachment 667078
View attachment 667079
View attachment 667078

As far the first question, that's anyone guess, someone posted they had calipers all over it....been pretty quite since.

Hmm... I guess I don't know how to read those. .038? I guessed it at close to 1/2" a while back, at least the gap on the fuselage it fits in.

Hammer, your 'background' choice confused me initially (I thought you were engaging in a bit of word play...) but then I saw the parts in the jaws. Call me sluggish, eh?

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back