Yeah, another Batman....

zosthanatos

Hi,
I've been lurking around on here for a while, snatching tips and ideas, and I wanted to share what I managed to come up with this Halloween:
This suit is mostly pure custom, but I did use the archyarmor pdf for reference, and part of the TDK cowl off of JFCustoms' thread.
The armor is made of foam floor mat, which I shaped on my belt/disc sander, and then many of the parts were thrown into the oven for 2min at 250deg. and heat formed. All armor was then sprayed with either gray or black Plastidip. Everything is strapped on with 1" elastic strapping and side-lock buckles.
The cowl is 2mm foam using JFCustoms ppk file, but the face-plate is a separate piece of foam heat-formed between two plastic DK masks.
I went with gray on the armor to get a more comic-booky look.
My son was the Mad Hatter, my amazing wife sewed his costume!

.....Anyway, here's some pics from "Batman Day" at my local comic shop. (New World Comics in OKC) Thanks so much for this forum and the willingness of all of you folks to share what you do! Batcave.jpgBatman Bane Freeze.jpgBatman Bane.jpgBroken Batman.jpgBatman and Buck.jpgBat crew.jpg

Attachments

• Batman Hatter.jpg
    Batman Hatter.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 180
Thanks, guys! And really, thanks for this forum. the knowledge I picked up from here and the BOTB forum definitely made this undertaking easier, and inspired me to keep improving!
The armor is all held on with 1" elastic straps and side-release buckles. The upper-arms, shoulders, and torso are all connected via straps. The arms slip on and then the whole thing has 3 buckles in the back. The leg armor slips on and then has loops that go over the belt to keep them from slipping down. The whole thing is surprisingly comfortable! I wore it for almost 5 hours straight on Batman Day with no problem at all. The strapping system makes it all very flexible.
I wanna see photos of that Bat office, Jawafive!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back