Yet another AT-ST Build!

ralphee

Sr Member
Hey guys.

Began work on this ROTJ a few days ago now, started out with the head, itll be an amalgamation of the 2ft and smaller go motion models, the head will mainly feature go motion detailing mind you.
Shes a tad scruffy (picking out seam lines for filling etc) at present as ive packed up for the eve lol, but you get the idea.

lee
ATST004.jpg

ATST003.jpg

ATST006.jpg

ATST007.jpg

ATST012.jpg

ATST013.jpg

ATST014.jpg

For one who will propably never get to do anything up to your standards, that seems to be a great start. It'll be fun to watch this baby to grow..

Thanks guys, Isel nice of you to drop in, big fan here lol. Bro as you know you gave me the drive to get into this, and i really needed to get a scratchbuild underway, its been way too long lol.
Well i bagged an M16 and a couple other kits i need, so should have some more good progress by the weekend!

lee

Quick update, got a lil' bit more done. Made the stand offs for the side panels, and scratchbuilt the small parts above the windows (cos i like em lol), wasnt sure what kit they may have come from, but hey theyll do.
Shot a thin coat of primer to check all seams after filling once more.

lee
ATST015.jpg

ATST016.jpg

ATST016.jpg

ATST017.jpg

ATST018.jpg

ATST019.jpg

I don't like the work area it's way to clean!!:lol Your going to have a awsome piece here Lee when it's finished.!! Glad to see you building again, keep up the good work!!:thumbsup

Regards,
Michael

LOL Micheal i spent a whole day sorting out the bench lol, was sick of not being able to find anything! Im a real messy builder trust me, you just caught me at a bad time there LOL.

lee

LOL no logs for this puppy Rolando, there bad for ATST health in general :lol
Brian thanks buddy, ill keep the progress rolling, just waiting for the weekend and a few more kits to arrive!

lee

Small update on the head, some new parts added as well as some
scratchbuilt copies due to lack of info, namely the boxes on the rear of the head and the tusk panels, sadly i had the info for these parts on the TESB props, but they differ on the ROTJ prop.

bests.....lee

ATST035.jpg

ATST036.jpg

ATST034.jpg

Also made the brass rail, this one broke, i need to work on it a little so the leichter part is aded at the moment!
ATST027.jpg

Small update, not had chance to get a lot done, but its slowly taking form.
Had to take a few artistic liberties but it sure is fun to build!

lee

ATST047.jpg

ATST049.jpg

ATST050.jpg

ATST051.jpg

Oh man... this is cool!

So what that it may not be 'to the rivet' accurate, but it creates the RIGHT overall impression and looks fantastic. FUN FUN!

Oh man... this is cool!

So what that it may not be 'to the rivet' accurate, but it creates the RIGHT overall impression and looks fantastic. FUN FUN!

Ralphee,

That looks great, my friend! The AT-ST was my first scratchbuilt project and I remember quite well how satisfying a design it is to make. The cool part is that although it's a fairly complex machine, it doesn't take many steps to have the basic form and from there on, it's a pure joy to finish.

Cheers,
Nathan

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back