Youtube vid of Auction X-wing Pyro and Auction Y-wing

Wow I feel like such a n00b :( I came here to learn & that I am, back in 85 I got the kenner speeder bike & hated how wrong the handles, turret, & springy legs in place of foot peddles. So I mounted it, cut away most of the plastic and replaced it with modeling wire, ran a hose to the gun turret, scratch built new handles, foot peddles, and even put a real canvas roll on the back painted it as close to the reference pics as I could then weathered it with ground pencil lead. For a 15 year old kid I was pretty happy with what I did. Now decades later after kit-bashing warhammer 40k miniatures I want to come back to modifying toys into scale replicas & wow all my work seems so limited. But it's great to have a place to find ideas & knowledge so Thanks to all of you for your hard work, & love of crafting. I hope some day to post pics of my builds and get advice and feedback.

Uhhh...did you know that there's a dedicated thread in the Props section for posting introductions? It's stickied at the top of the page so you can't miss it.

What made you choose this old thread?!

Welcome, though!

Defiantly not, the canopy has a similar look but to me it looks like the back half is still cast into the fuselage, it seems to be only the forward half that was cut off and place back on, CCardborad and v2 had the whole canopy separate. There a a bunch of other differences but that is one related to the canopy....

Looks like a Salzo V2 to my eyes. The canopy fits the same anyway.

While we are a necro'ing, it would have been interesting to know which bird it was "next in line" for. Probably just any pyro spot they had to reshoot, but what if it were for a scene intended to be shot but the budget wasn't there? Ah the romance.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back