Bandai U-Wing Red Squadron

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
Last night I took some photos of my recently completed Bandai 1:144th scale U-Wing. Well, *nearly* completed - of course I realized I hadn't yet chipped the red markings on the wings yet, so I jumped the gun a tiny bit. Oh wel

This was a fun build - the U-Wing kit is very nicely layered, goes together surprisingly easily, and has a lot of possibilities for painting in interesting ways. I'm seriously thinking of picking up another one. I decided to go with a hypothetical Red Squadron color scheme on this. I'm still not sure it's *quite* done - I may yet add some squadron markings on the wings, but I haven't decided what I want there and I'm happy to let it sit for a while.

One odd thing - the panel lines on the right wing are noticeably deeper than on the left wing. The fact that they look so much stronger on one in the photos isn't that I washed them unevenly; that seems to be a kit defect. I have no idea if it's on all U-wings, or a subset, or just mine.

Wings open:

Rear engine detail:

Top and bottom head-on:

With Red Leader for size comparison:

And in formation with a bunch of different Rebel fighters:

Excellent work!

Cool to see a size comparison with all the other ships

I really wish they did the U-wing in 1/72 rather than the Tie Striker which was barely even in the movie

I really wish they did the U-wing in 1/72 rather than the Tie Striker which was barely even in the movie

Yes - I don't understand that either. If I would pick one ship to be representative of Rogue One, it would be the U-Wing. And I don't understand why the X-wing two pack was Red Leader and not Blue Leader either from the same perspective.

Back