Apple TV: Silo

ssdesigner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Trailer looks good and the show has a great cast. I have made these models and finished props available here:

I modelled the bullet from the trailer:

Still looking for this illuminated keychain:

Attachments

• silo_bullet_compare.jpg
    silo_bullet_compare.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 95
  • silo_illuminated_number_keychain2.jpg
    silo_illuminated_number_keychain2.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Still adjusting small details on this, but I think that I have the size and scale correct. My tongs are not to scale :p

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 63
  • silo_bullet2.jpg
    silo_bullet2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 45
Again, you’re on it quickly! This looks fantastic. It will be neat to see how you design the internals for the keychain device as well, and if it’s anything like your work on the brain-chip from Severance it will be stellar! (y)

I wasn't satisfied with the look of the fins on both end pieces, and I tried a number of different mods to them before landing on my final print. Here is the final piece painted with and without weathering:

Attachments

• not_weathered_1.jpg
    not_weathered_1.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 59
  • weathered_1.jpg
    weathered_1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • weathered_2.jpg
    weathered_2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
Nice! I think one with weathering is more representative of the screenshot? Both look great! (y)

I think that they may have had a couple of different hero pieces for the shot. Or, this trailer was cobbled together using more than one scene. The implant (I no longer think that this is a bullet) that the doctor holds up in his tongs looks pretty clean. The one that is dropped on the metal tray is weathered. I’m now thinking that the weathering is just a lot of blood. Will be making another soon.

New featurette released so we get a perfect look at the logo (YES!) So the ring of 12 people has been updated. Working on the connecting pieces now.

Attachments

• cappy.jpg
    cappy.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 42
Many people wear different versions of this logo in pin or necklace form so I think that this is a way to show rank or hierarchy in the silo. I will be working on any/all of the pins etc. that I can see on screen.

Tim Robbins (Bernard) is the lead person in charge, so his is the most elaborate. I also noticed that there is one more slightly different logo on Bernard's necklace at the very bottom. It's what I believe to be the official silo insignia as it is seen on many things in the trailers and featurettes. Now I just need to connect the last piece to the rest and it will be ready to print.

Attachments

• bernards_full_necklace.jpg
    bernards_full_necklace.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 30
First prints of the Mayor's brooch (larger pin) and Bernard's lapel pin. Going to make a version of each with both magnets and pinch pins for wearing. Should have painted and finished pieces this weekend to show.

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 48
Both pin backer and magnet backer of the brooch are painted and drying. Tomorrow I'll give them a few coats of black wash and a little dry brushing to bring out depth in the grooves. The smaller lapel is primed and I'm waiting for some brass/bronze paint to arrive tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
Very happy with this one. Final paint coat was a water was and dry brush combo with Tamiya dark grey. Pinch pin backer or magnet backer both look very nice.

Attachments

• brooch_2.png
    brooch_2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • brooch_3.png
    brooch_3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • brooch_6.jpg
    brooch_6.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
  • screen_cap_mayor_brooch.png
    screen_cap_mayor_brooch.png
    321.2 KB · Views: 57
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have opened up a new shop just for my props and digital downloads. Everything that I've posted here can be downloaded, or purchased as finished props, here:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back