Apple TV: Silo

I just watched the featurette. Are you sure you don’t work for the studio? ;) You captured the designs perfectly. Now, you’ve read the books right? I have not. Without too many spoilers (cough, cough) is this symbol addressed there or do you believe this to be unique to the adaptation? Again you are too fast and your work is top-notch! (y)

You are too kind, thank you. :)

I did read the first book “Wool”. It’s really, really good. If you have the time before this Friday I can’t recommend it enough. Fantastic read. The symbol seems to be unique to the series adaptation. Once you know what it looks like you start to notice it everywhere in the show.

Wrapped this one up last night. Bernard's lapel pin is complete. Painted with a brass spray paint followed by a watered down wash of grey and brown mixed. Final step was a very light dry brush of dark grey.

Attachments

• lapel3.jpg
    lapel3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Wow! Your lapel pin turned out beautifully. And the size of a dime? You definitely have patience and good vision! (y) Beautiful craftsmanship!

Thanks! I had to go off of one assumption to scale the pin. His shirt button diameter being the size of an “average” button. Once I scaled it to that, it measured exactly one inch in diameter. The Mayor’s brooch is 3”, but that is more of a guess. There’s nothing that I’ve seen so far to scale that one. It’s definitely not larger than 3”, but it may be 2.5”.

I love found item props the best. This one was in the newer trailer. The prop in the show is heavily weathered with grime, and there appears to be a necklace or charm tied around the ducks neck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
would love a run of the Chits (money) from the show.

Attachments

• chits.jpg
    chits.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 60
  • chits2.jpg
    chits2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 67
I have nailed down what was attached to the yellow duck “relic”. Should have something to show and share next week. For now, the down deep grime version is coming to life:

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back