Beware big recaster alert!!!!!!!!! NOT OVER YET!!!!!

Re: Beware big recaster alert!!!!!!!!!

Not before I cut n pasted the car ad!:lol Would it be recasting to post it?

I was thinking of doing the same thing :lol
well I didnt see you post it and would certainly not accidentaly post on any other forums either :love

One thing I noticed was Howard Studios Jaffa Helm. i seen it on ebay before and as far as I am aware there was only two run and from looking at the pics the detail and lines are no where near as sharp (in fact its missing some lines) as the one I have. So add that to the list of possible ones.

looking through the photobucket Acc. I've definatly seen the Halo Lid & the battle droid pic's listed on the bay, it was over well over two yrs ago but the same pic's & their location was in liverpool.

I figured it was him from the E11 and a couple of other things, i'm pretty sure i know who the Chris character is too, he's based in Nottingham or was if it is who i'm thinking of.

Does he sell on e-bay ? Am watching someone at the moment but reluctant to say in case its not him, This one is based in Wigan and selling 2 iron man helmets if that helps :love

anyone have a copy of that AR? I'd love to figure out where that came from, and if it's mine or someone elses.

Any infos would help though,I'm just a regular guy but i'll be damn to blame for contribution of something that I didn't knew yet. Now if there's any clearer lists of recasters for a guy like me? Or.......

I only have the pic of her car ad. I didnt want to get Mod slapped for posting it:lol

it's a recaster's prop-mart, to give you an idea of what all pics looked like.

I'd be, also, interested in knowing their ebay SN, too. I wanna block them.

Last edited:

Anyone save the pictures of the Saran wrap mummy on page 21? :lol

Come on I know someone did...

it's a recaster's prop-mart, to give you an idea of what all pics looked like.

I'd be, also, interested in knowing their ebay SN, too. I wanna block them.

Well in the photobucket account there was .among the Iron Man parts , an ABC warrior head as well as countless other props . These are rarely seen on e -bay so look for a seller offering both. I am not totally sure as i would post it up here but it seems a bit of a coincidence and shouldn't be too hard to find with a little search :thumbsup

SUMMARY OF WHATS HAPPEND.
I contacted the people conected to the claim that i made of them recasting it. This was however more intigrate than i thought, I first spoke to a person named Lee, then later on the manager Michelle called me and she was apperently running the bussiness. She was upsett that i had contact people in her bussiness and she said some of these were not involved. Fair enought i removed those names since i can not confirm if they were involved in the recasting. Michelle asked me to moderate my initial post as i did and whould give her til the next day to reply because she said she invest in people and she can not do a background check on all the people she invest in. And therfore she had to check with her sculptor to get a reply from him the regarding the if he had recast it or not. I told her regardless of his reply i stand by my claim that our parts were used, but i still agreed to let her check for her self.

The Next day she called me as agreed to.
I did not catch the call so i called her back later the day and i got her on the phone.

She told me she had had a meeting with people and spoken with the sculptor. The sculptor had said to her that since he had altered it so much he did not se the problem, nor did really she either. (Alterd it so much???? Only the spinal cord was changed and some cuts to the front) She also said she could not se any similarity in its size and shape, but then she also said, she was not a sculptor. I replied that i dont care if he had alterd it, its the prinicpal of casting someone elses stuff. Then she replied we also copy other people work since we make the ironman. She belived i was envy of them and only wanted to inflict as much damage to them.
I said i was NOT envy at them because i did not se any pride in the work done due to how i saw upon casting from other people. I said they clearly got some sort of sculptor talent why not sculpt them self. Then i whould admire their work, but not when used other peoples work.

I said its a huge difference in sculpting and using allot of energy in creating an artistic work than taking something existing and cast of a licenced piece or other peoples work. She did not se it that way and called it double moral. She trusted her sculptor and she instructed him to not use any of our parts in future in photos or to clients. I replied that is good. I also replied if i did se more of our parts beeing used to sell their items i will follow up on this.

We continued talking about the differences in recast and sculpting.
Because she denied their ironman was sculpted directly of the statue. I said to her, i can se it is, the thing they alter was the midsection, neckseal and helmet that was recast of us and Russel sculpt, and their own sculpted gloves. She said they got the statue and they could not se the similarites because there was no chance that a person could fit into the costume. I argued differently and said, if her sculptor says that then she should be carefull because she has a trust issue with her scultor.

I said if he is a sculptor then let him create not cast of other lincenced props or other artist works. But it was partially justified becasue it was reworked. I said it does not work that way. They took items from alreadt licenced props and used it to make money from it. And they used other peoples hard work to cast of and partially modift to make proffit for it..

She wanted to give her "sculptor" a second chance because she belived in him, but she had so much problem with this issues i brought up, that she instructed her sculptor to not use any of our items in future. If he whould she whould fire him.

She also said she dont have time for things like this, she worked with TV company in UK and had her focus elsewere and she invested in the people if she saw if there was a proffit from it. But she could not be responsible for other peoples actions.
I said well, if you invest in people and you dont want to get involved in issues like this then you should defiantly look into the peopel you work with and put strict rules that recast directly from other peoples work be allowed. She did not really share that wuive.

We both ended the conversation politly.

Last edited:

I wouldn't waste my time contacting these people TMP it always falls on deaf ears or they make excuses to justify their actions.

I commend you for trying so hard TMP but it really sounds like they have only business in mind and dont really care how they make their money and no concept of art or the work that goes into it.I really hope they do not use your work again.As for all the other peoples work they have obviously recast then they will I assume keep on doing it.
thanks for bringing them to our attention though and hopefully they will be shown for what they are again.
To any staff ,as i said before is it not time to have a sticky at the top of prop forums with known recasters on it for all to regularily go too?

It is unfortunate but I have yet to see anyone get across to a recaster. These people are not made of the greatest moral fiber so there's not much you can say that's going to suddenly make something click in their heads that this is wrong and they should stop. Only way to stop them is to not let your stuff land in their hands. And the only way to do that is to not sell your stuff to the public.

Good luck though. Hope you make some headway in preventing this in the future.

Well, You wont win a fight unless you try. But i hope they stick to their promise and dont use our parts or Russels helmet. However Russel how is that going. I understood you have been in dialog with Michelle...?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back