Blade Runner Deckard Wallet Research Thread

I made an astounding discovery. I viewing footage from a long lost and closely guarded deleted scene, I discovered not only another content element of the wallet, but also gained a fleeting glimpse into the pastimes of replicants (or replicant hunters)...

See Below

BRW004.JPG

OK, seriously now, the Deckard ID is QuartZ's beautiful sample. Such a cool thread, and am looking forward to more genuine discoveries. ;)

Gee if only we had had the new Collector's Edition Final Cut Box Set back when we were debating these things. :lol

brdsdeckardwalletpb0.jpg

brtsdeckwalletss5.jpg

- k

Last edited:
That three-bladed, "Y" shaped symbol (upside down gray diamond with "Y" in the middle) does not exist, it is an illusion caused by low resolution.

idcardillusionkt7.jpg

Also given the evidence, the name area probably says "R. DECKARD XV"

Last edited:
Why is his head so much closer to the edge of the picture on the actual prop than on the screenshot?

The "actual prop" isn't the Deckard ID, it is the ID of someotherrandomguy Karl photographed at Worldcon. It seems that all of the other details were consistant among all of the IDs except the photo...

This is how the ID card was assembled, based on my Worldcon observations. I believe that Deckard's prop is the same except for the Polaroid head shot.

idcardconstructionnr1.gif

I think if the Black was Photostat film as was mentioned by Tom Southwell in the DVD set, the color "8" could have been behind the black and between the backing. I think I may have mentioned something like this way back when on Propcircle. ;)

Has anyone figured out what the big red X means? Is that present on all the ID's or is it on Deckard's indicating his retired status?

I think if the Black was Photostat film as was mentioned by Tom Southwell in the DVD set, the color "8" could have been behind the black and between the backing. I think I may have mentioned something like this way back when on Propcircle. ;)

Hm! Yes I can see where that could have worked. This is how I would have done it using the materials I had in the 80s when I did newspaper production.

The back side artwork doesn't even need to be on a card, it could be a Velox, or even a Xerox copy. The prop didn't strike me as being particularly THICK, so it could well be a thin stack of materials all held together by the lamination....

idcardconstructionalterlt1.gif

Has anyone figured out what the big red X means? Is that present on all the ID's or is it on Deckard's indicating his retired status?

I don't think it means special retired status for Deckard, since the other ID has it too (that is, it's also on the prop I saw at Worldcon).

Regarding the Diamond-8 logo, on the DVD we see diamond shape logos for Zero and One as well, but I don't know where in the film they were used, if at all. The design sketch for the badge refers to this as "Division Symbol".

brtspolicebadgespatchesjo9.jpg

Last edited:
Check it out... Gaff's ID card, from the deleted scene of him and Bryant watching Deckard and Holden on the monitors.

gaffidcarduj1.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back