Blade Runner Deckard Wallet Research Thread

I think the red "X" was on ALL the police IDs.

Meanwhile, according to a pencil sketch shown in the Southwell documentary, Deckard's credit card, if he has one, probably looks like this

creditcardkt010108kp8.gif

However there's no other point of reference, I don't have any proof that the card was actually produced, and the back of the card is still unknown.

According to a sketch in the Southwell documentary, at some point during the design process the cops were supposed to have light up clipon badges

brtspoliceidconcepthq4.jpg

So just for laffs I mocked up what that might have looked like.

liteupbadgekt010108bxs4.gif

Actually if the red "X" has to mean something, it probably means that all these guys are in the elite Blade Runner unit.

Probably a regular police ID lacks the "X", but we never see one. The ID I saw at Worldcon was assigned to a character named "James Jacobson" but since he has the "X" perhaps he too is a Blade Runner!

- k

James Jacobson was the deadliest of all the Blade Runners.

Twice as hardcore as Gaff and 4 times as wily.

Can't you tell by that haircut?

:lol

Bruce

So who was it that first said the X meant replicant?

I appreciate your time and effort Phase Pistol in offering those paper props
:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished watching the work print with the commentary by Paul M. Sammon. He made a very interesting comment about the badges worn by the background police officers.

As with so many of the props, the badges had details never seen on screen. In fact, the back of the badge had a biography of the officer. The idea was that if a citizen wanted to know something about an officer, said officer could remove the badge and show it. Sammon, who was on set for a good deal of the shoot, said that the detail was indeed there.

So, back to the drawing board.

Ted.
Prefect42.

If you're talking about the metal "FORCE" badge, the example I examined at Worldcon did not have anything on the back of it. Only a pin to attach it to the costume.

- k

I just finished watching the work print with the commentary by Paul M. Sammon. He made a very interesting comment about the badges worn by the background police officers.

As with so many of the props, the badges had details never seen on screen. In fact, the back of the badge had a biography of the officer. The idea was that if a citizen wanted to know something about an officer, said officer could remove the badge and show it. Sammon, who was on set for a good deal of the shoot, said that the detail was indeed there.

So, back to the drawing board.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Actually the haircut was so deadly, it had its own ID.

jjhairct5.gif

I finally saw this and gotta say that you really captured his "conflicted inner spirit" with that photo! :lol

Reminds me of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror where Homer got Snake's hair in a transplant.

Bruce

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back