Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Xmas present bottom of pg.71**

Made my day!!!!!!!

I'm amazed!! Really really awesome!:love:love

Just a quick question if you don't mind me asking: a rough ETA?
I'm just asking this because i can't wait to see the v2 files, as i've decided to wait and go for the second version (in the meanwhile i'm gathering the money i need:lol being an engineering student is a pain in the...) no pressure anyway,just take your time and again thanks for the marvellous job you're sharing with us!

cool as always darkside :) and I think I had an idea about that special surprise :) :behave

Looks amazing! Keep it up...

Looks great! Keep up the awesome work.

Darkside, is the v2 suit going to have a higher polycount than the v1?

It looks that way from the chest teaser pics.

My christmas is full filled...! :cool
WoW amazing work Michael. :popcorn
And a surprise....what could be such surprise? :love

Thanks everyone! To answer a couple questions posted above:

No ETA at the moment. I don't want to disappoint anyone if something comes up.

Yes the V2 does have a little higher poly count but I am also using a smoothing technique on the model.

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Xmas present bottom of pg.71**

IMAGE DUMP
Okay this is my first attempt at an arc reactor, THanks to stealth for his tips on his youtube, I plan on using Darkside's Mk 7 to build a pepakura fiberglass Iron man costume, many thanks to him for sharing his talent so others can build as well. Can anyone give me tips for LEds? lets say I have a 3.3-4 volt LED and I want to use 9V batteries. ya that's my general question. How many 9v batteries and what resistor o_O? And I have no idea how to link pictures on RPF.

got all my materials ready, just waiting on The Man for the password to scale these up and print them out!

Hi everyone!

Thanks Darkside for the huge work you've already done on the V1 and the future work you'll do for our greatest joy! Most of all you're very supportive and answer quickly in private! Thanks!

Working on my costume with my nose on the work of others and pics from the movie, I ask myself if I haven't underscale the forearms (see pics below). Problem is that the forearms seems a bit short but it's large enough. I'm 5'10'' and scaled the costume on 24.5. The handplate, on the other hand, seems a bit too big. Problem is when you're sooo deep in the project, you can't see the real problems anymore...or you see problems that aren't there.

Thanks the community for any feedback!

i'm hoping you'll show us btful neck and brace :D

Maybe I will show those next. ;)

got all my materials ready, just waiting on The Man for the password to scale these up and print them out!

I got your PM and sent you the password. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Hi everyone!

Thanks Darkside for the huge work you've already done on the V1 and the future work you'll do for our greatest joy! Most of all you're very supportive and answer quickly in private! Thanks!

Working on my costume with my nose on the work of others and pics from the movie, I ask myself if I haven't underscale the forearms (see pics below). Problem is that the forearms seems a bit short but it's large enough. I'm 5'10'' and scaled the costume on 24.5. The handplate, on the other hand, seems a bit too big. Problem is when you're sooo deep in the project, you can't see the real problems anymore...or you see problems that aren't there.

Thanks the community for any feedback!

That looks like it fits as intended... you have to remember that when I made the V1 files there was little to no reference available for the suit and what I did have was not very hi-res so seeing details was nearly impossible. I had to guess a lot based on previous suits and as a result the armor model is not 100% accurate which is why the forearm seems short and the handplate too big. You can alter your final pep piece to make it look like you want it to and you can reduce the scale of the handplate if you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I want to thank can eh jun and peruski for being a big supporters of my work and for their contributions to this project.

Both of you have been added to the VIP list and will get 2 months early access to the V2 files when they are done.

I had to guess a lot based on previous suits and as a result the armor model is not 100% accurate which is why the forearm seems short and the handplate too big.

No problem at all! As it is my first pepakura, I'm still making baby steps and that will be a training untill the V2 files arrive!

My progress so far....
progress010_zpsc59f01c9.jpg

No problem at all! As it is my first pepakura, I'm still making baby steps and that will be a training untill the V2 files arrive!

Woo-hoo version 2!

Wow V.2. Coming soon.

I am very glad. :love

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

My progress so far....

It is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

I want to thank DevilFlash for being a big supporter of my work and for his contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get 2 months early access to the V2 files.

Hey Darkside just wanted to chime in and say the new files are looking amazing...i cant wait till they are done and available so i can get started on my suit...i decided to wait for the V2 to get started...but comin on here and seeing everyones amazing work im starting to get the itch to start building...i got a couplke pieces that i started on sitting next to me begging to be finished...i just might have to do so to keep me occupied...lol...thanks again Darkside...and to everyone else in this thread for pretty much making me want to try this pep stuff out...keep up the great work

Getting alot of work done on this lately. Only made one arm. I'll be casting it and using it for the other arm too. NO, I will not be selling casts. I planned on casting the entire suit and making it out of plastic, but trying to cut costs, heres how its gonna go. PLASTIC: arms, shoulders, helmet, hip-pods. FOAM: legs, Codpeice, Neck. BONDO'D: Chest, Back, Abs. Gonna use the feet from my last feet which are like 5 pounds of solid bondo each. Maybe not, I WILL be walking all around Pittsburgh after all.

Darkside, couldnt do it without you. I'll post progress pics soon.

Man great work on this thread from everyone. You guys are amazing!

Hello Darkside
this is my first post.

I would to say many thank's for this file.. and this is my Build so far..

sorry if my english is broken:confused

IMG00509-20121216-1151_zps6978e1e4.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks again for the files Darkside,

Dont know what to do without them :love (or ofc search google..but thats another story)

Thanks everyone for sharing and for your appreciation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to extend a personal thanks to Lonewolfxiv for being a big supporter of my work and for his contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get the 2 months early access to the V2 files.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump .... Continuing the spirit of Christmas I will have a big gift for you all soon:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back