Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **New Xmas present teaser pg.72**

yey! something to work on for today! (felt burnt out of mark 47 commissions now :sick)

awwww wicked i cant wait to start this mike :) will do you proud on it buddy

You just made my day Dark! Thank you!

Thanks guys. I am glad you all like it. ;) I hope I can finish unfolding it for you tonight... I had to go back and tweak the model. If I can't get it done tonight then I will post it tomorrow for sure.

just a quick question , will the helmet be in the first post with the other files or just linked up here in your next post :) an agen darkside much love for this :)

Yes, I will make a post in the thread and link to it on the first post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I want to thank PMW and Angel Song for being big supporters of my work and for their contributions to this project. Both of you have been added to the VIP list and will get 2 months early access to the V2 files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **New Xmas present teaser pg.72**

Many thanks....i look forward to it :)

Many thanks....i look forward to it :)

Thanks Dark :D

Thanks guys.

Ok so I couldn't get it done last night but I just finished it this morning. Here it is: http://sdrv.ms/Uh6MBI

Link will be posted shortly in the first post.

I will be doing things a little differently with the V2 files. They will all be protected. This means that you will not be able to scale the files yourselves. This helmet is the same size as Sharkmarks helmet. It is scaled at .95 which will fit anyone with a head circumference of 22-23 give or take a little. If you need a different scale then put a post in this thread and I will make that scale, upload it to the skydrive, and share it with everyone. On this file, I will only make changes in .01 increments.

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

Thank you sir! Very appreciative for all your hard work.

Thanks guys.

Ok so I couldn't get it done last night but I just finished it this morning. Here it is: http://sdrv.ms/Uh6MBI

Link will be posted shortly in the first post.

I will be doing things a little differently with the V2 files. They will all be protected. This means that you will not be able to scale the files yourselves. This helmet is the same size as Sharkmarks helmet. It is scaled at .95 which will fit anyone with a head circumference of 22-23 give or take a little. If you need a different scale then put a post in this thread and I will make that scale, upload it to the skydrive, and share it with everyone. On this file, I will only make changes in .01 increments.

amazing file darkside , just a few questions ... i dont blame you for protecting your files now with all the people stealing models now , so is the scale of the v2 going to be 23 ? the same as the v1's because they fit me perfect :D and with them being protected can we still print in pep designer ?? muchly appreciated buddy

Was going to ask the same question as I cant open in designer. We need viewer?
I have a 24 head circumference - and using 1.07 on Sharks orginal files -

Thank you sir! Very appreciative for all your hard work.

Glad you like it.

amazing file darkside , just a few questions ... i dont blame you for protecting your files now with all the people stealing models now , so is the scale of the v2 going to be 23 ? the same as the v1's because they fit me perfect :D and with them being protected can we still print in pep designer ?? muchly appreciated buddy

You will not be able to open the V2 files in Pep Designer. If you don't already have pep viewer then it is free to download.

I will have several scales available for download and I can rescale the files on request.

Was going to ask the same question as I cant open in designer. We need viewer?
I have a 24 head circumference - and using 1.07 on Sharks orginal files -

Even with a 24" circumference head, 1.07 seems very large. If you want me to scale it to 1.07 I will do that but is would seem like you would have a lot of room in that helmet and these are supposed to fit very snugly. Let me know.

I was planning on finishing an old project before starting on your V2 files, but I don't know if I can resist now that the helmet file is out!

I never noticed the changes between the mark VI and mark VII helmets, so I have yours and Sharkmark's files open next to each other. I really like the rounded corners on the jaw and back of the head.

Also, now that I know what the changes were, I re-watched the final Avengers fight. I just noticed they used the mark VI's upwards chin dimple in the CGI "suit up" fall, and the mark VII's downward dimple through the rest of the scene. Whoops!

NhMIJ.png

I was planning on finishing an old project before starting on your V2 files, but I don't know if I can resist now that the helmet file is out!

I never noticed the changes between the mark VI and mark VII helmets, so I have yours and Sharkmark's files open next to each other. I really like the rounded corners on the jaw and back of the head.

Also, now that I know what the changes were, I re-watched the final Avengers fight. I just noticed they used the mark VI's upwards chin dimple in the CGI "suit up" fall, and the mark VII's downward dimple through the rest of the scene. Whoops!

Yup I saw that when I was watching the movie on the release day. They messed that up, lol I am glad you like the helmet.

Sorry if its really ignorant of me but, i get the message

'the size of paper specified by pepakura is not the same as printer setting. adjust scale ?'

Its set to print on A4 and i dont want the scale to change so i guess what do i do?

thanks.

Thanks Mike, Can't wait for the rest of the files.

Arrghhh - When I made shark's at default 1.0 the ears (being they go in) hit my ears bowing the opening out that is why I needed a slightly bigger helm. at 1.07 it gave like 3/8 more room from the pep inside ear to my ear- so yea the height is a tad high but the sides fit like a glove. May I ask what other people are using for a 24 inch HC lemon?

Thanks Dark! Umm.. This wont print on Letter Paper? ohh well.. BTW what scale is this??? Does the scale of 95 = 23? like it did on the other v1 helmet? would it be better to go for a scale of 24 just in-case for electronics?

HOLY CRAP!!! just looked at the file and you made this thing super easy to build IMHO - I have a question the solid black lines(around the head and teeth) would indicate dremel work??
Now just have to get a scale file.

This file seems indeed really easy to build! When you have time to scale it for 1.00 (printed on A4 pages), I'm a taker!

Nice job!

Great looking file. Much appreciated

Glad you like it. :D

Sorry if its really ignorant of me but, i get the message

'the size of paper specified by pepakura is not the same as printer setting. adjust scale ?'

Its set to print on A4 and i dont want the scale to change so i guess what do i do?

thanks.

So you are trying to print on A4, right? The file is set for Letter. I can make an A4 version and upload that. Look for it tomorrow

Thanks Mike, Can't wait for the rest of the files.

Arrghhh - When I made shark's at default 1.0 the ears (being they go in) hit my ears bowing the opening out that is why I needed a slightly bigger helm. at 1.07 it gave like 3/8 more room from the pep inside ear to my ear- so yea the height is a tad high but the sides fit like a glove. May I ask what other people are using for a 24 inch HC lemon?

You might want to see what other people are doing with their helmets. I haven't built mine yet but I was thinking of cutting out holes where the ears go so there is more room there. Anyways, since it seems like you are not quite sure about the scale I am going to hold off a bit on making your scale. Just put another post in here when you are sure what scale you want.

Thanks Dark! Umm.. This wont print on Letter Paper? ohh well.. BTW what scale is this??? Does the scale of 95 = 23? like it did on the other v1 helmet? would it be better to go for a scale of 24 just in-case for electronics?

It is set for Letter. I think lucretius is trying to print on A4. The helmet is scaled the same as Sharkmark's helmet. It is not relative to my suit files. I didn't make then the same because a persons head is not necesarily relative to the size of his/her body. So I made it the same as Sharkmark's helmet because his is the most popular Iron Man helmet out there and more people have built his and therefore already know what scale to use. If you are not sure what scale to use then start with the .95 and build his tester helmet and see if that fits you. Just cut a slit up the back of the tester helmet to fit it over your head.

HOLY CRAP!!! just looked at the file and you made this thing super easy to build IMHO - I have a question the solid black lines(around the head and teeth) would indicate dremel work??
Now just have to get a scale file.

Thank you, I tried to make it easy to follow. Yes, the black lines are guides to mark the location of the panel lines. I also did this on the new IM3 War Machine/Iron Patriot I just modeled. You should still be able to see the black lines through the resin. The lines may or may not help but you could always print those pages out again on paper and then use that as a template so even if you can't see them through the resin/bondo, they are still useful.

Ummm... lol how do u check scale w the viewer?

I wish I could help you with that but right now my viewer is opened on my second screen and my second screen isn't working so I can't move the program back to my first screen. (glitch in the program) If I remember correctly I don't think you can check the scale in viewer which is why I am listing the scale in the file title.

This file seems indeed really easy to build! When you have time to scale it for 1.00 (printed on A4 pages), I'm a taker!

Nice job!

Thanks. I will get you the 1.0 file on A4 soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back