Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Accurate Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber Design

Here's a resin copy from production on the propstore... they have a hero Obi TPM on there too.. really clean examples

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230612_084833_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_084833_Chrome.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20230612_084541_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_084541_Chrome.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 204
I wonder what the real difference is between the standard hero and the lightweight version in terms of usage.
Of course one is resin and the other is metal but the lightweight one is used in so many scenes (easy to tell with the black grip).
Could it be that the belt hanger was always the resin hero and the metal one was only used for the close up when Maul kicks it? I remember seeing one or two promo pictures of the metal hero as a belt hanger but not much else.

I wonder what the real difference is between the standard hero and the lightweight version in terms of usage.
Of course one is resin and the other is metal but the lightweight one is used in so many scenes (easy to tell with the black grip).
Could it be that the belt hanger was always the resin hero and the metal one was only used for the close up when Maul kicks it? I remember seeing one or two promo pictures of the metal hero as a belt hanger but not much else.
One of the major differences between the metal hanger and the other qui-gons are the fangs on the saber do not taper in on the resin versions. Only the metal hero has that, so there is a physical difference between them.

Damn I meant the Obi saber, not the QGJ. But I guess their usage was pretty much the same, the QGJ also ends up on the floor in a nice close up!

I think you're right about the hero only being used in close up shots as most of the time you only see that silver paint as opposed to the shiny aluminum. These props on the prop store right now, look like they came from the AOTC set and Ewen wanted the resin copy on his belt for scenes due to the weight of the actual hero. Same wad probably true for Liam

One of the major differences between the metal hanger and the other qui-gons are the fangs on the saber do not taper in on the resin versions. Only the metal hero has that, so there is a physical difference between them.
Agreed, this is what Saberz used for his, the non tapered version

Right, so if you want true screen accuracy you could make the argument that you have to have the saberz along with this one. Also you need an assistant to swap them out as your hand reaches towards your belt.
Lol, exactly! At this point, they're all screen accurate. However, I do prefer the "tapered" shroud "fangs"

Is there anywhere to pick up the other two TPM hilts for those of us who have stepped back from this hobby since the OM Obi and VV qui?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back