MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet - £49.99 inc (22/4/08)

Re: MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet

That's a flippin sweet looking helmet. :thumbsup

Thought I heard somewhere that some dealers here in the states were going to be selling this. Anybody know if there's truth to that?

I am still drooling over it. Stylized, yes, but I still want it for the price. It can't be beat in my opinion. As far as it being available here, it will probably be sold when that EFX company takes off in July...I hope.

Showed it to a few of my colleagues today (those not even remotely aware of the prop replica industry) and they went mental over it, thinking it was the real deal :)

Thought I heard somewhere that some dealers here in the states were going to be selling this. Anybody know if there's truth to that?

According to Amy from MR on RS Forums it will not be released in the US..

UK only on this one.

Does anyone know why this was a UK exclusive? Was it made there? I mean George Lucas IS american right? Don't you think he should apease all his fans? Congrats to you who got 'em but this kinda sucks for us across the pond...

Does anyone know why this was a UK exclusive? Was it made there? I mean George Lucas IS american right? Don't you think he should apease all his fans? Congrats to you who got 'em but this kinda sucks for us across the pond...

No idea what the thinking behind this was I have a feeling they were made in China. I don't think these are particularly limited at the moment as play.com still have them.

Shipping costs would add to the price but possibly if there was a US member of the RPF who deals in licensed props and was willing to bulk buy a pile of these a UK member of the RPF could get them ordered and shipped.

I agree it is poor form to only sell this in the UK :thumbsdown

Maybe MR and GL released a budget helmet in the UK as a late apology for charging us double what our US friends pay for their products for the last 6 years :lol

I have said it before in another thread this is a great helmet for the price and pictures don't do it justice. It is idealised but for trooping it is as solid as a rock.

Nice pics Eagle I am glad you are happy with the helmet. I too was really surprised at how good it was.

Cheers Chris

This thing looks great! We can't even order them from play.com, unfortunately. If anyone wants to ship one to the states, please let us know!

- D

The trouble with doing that would be the cost of the shipping.
The costs of shipping out of the UK have gone through the roof, since new rules of all kinds came into effect (size is now a big factor in postage costs) I sent a package a few days ago that was smaller than this and cost £32 to send to the US.

I had asked someone in a previous thread about shipping these. Basically, shipping the helmet was just about the same amount as the helmet. Very cost prohibitive.

I dont think there was a conspiracy to deprive Americans of this helmet. Basically MR binned their initial plan of doing a cheapo helmet until Play came to them and gave them a wodge of cash to produce a "budget priced" helmet.

Not sure on the dates but given the volume figs I had you can bet it was during the RotS hype and not recently, since I recon Play will have a LOT of stock on their hands they need to get rid of, hence them selling to a US retailer is a possibility.

I know MR was trying to line up a US retailer for these themselves but none were forthcoming with an order before the 31st Dec deadline.

Cheers

Jez

Could it be MR's attempt to do SDS out of business via business methods seeing as they failed via the legal route?

SAS

I'm inclined to agree with Jez (as he knows far too much about this sort of thing :lol) I'm sure they will find a US distributor, or that the product will be continued by EFX :thumbsup

Just got one of these myself. I'll post pictures when I get it in. Seems like it might be a nice helmet. We'll see when it gets here. Dang, the shipping will kill you, but I am seeing it come down slightly on E-bay. Aaah, capitalistic competition at its finest.

Movado

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back