Nerf Gun Props? YES!

I would do so - sand down the primer in the critical area, clean again and then re-prime. Otherwise you might risk your paintjob to come off it that areas.
When handling the pieces wear some one-way latex gloves to prevent sweat from getting on the already primed areas.

Vulture

Thank you so much!

Wow, Haven't logged on in quite the while. Well I am starting to paint again but ran into a problem, My primer started to crack in some areas may take pictures, Any suggestions?

If the primer looks dusty, you probably just didn't shake the can enough to mix up the pigment and medium. That's pretty common for old paint or just stuff that has sat for a while. It's also common in colder months when the paint stays pretty gummy

I agree with the other proposed solutions, this was just another to consider. Good luck!

comission12012.jpg
water/ ray gun WIP, adding a wooden koa grip,and few leds and various geeblies,and yes nerf parts will be added!

Looks great so far!

I like this one a lot:

f82797a8.jpg

Thanks Dave, that one was a lot of fun. There will be one more photo with all the bits and such included :)

Ok, here's some photos of some of the stuff that I've been working on. I finally got time to finish up on the Steampunk Rifle and the white Pulse Rifle. Just a few more tweaks to that one and they'll be ready for Mega Con I hope!

The other projects are just commissions and things, but they were worth sharing, I think. Just keep in mind most of them are still in progress :)

IMG_8018.jpg

IMG_8019.jpg

IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

IMG_7989.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg

IMG_7985.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

Hey guys, here's a few outdoor photos of the finished rifles and also a few of the new Indiana Jones Webley I got in the mail last week. Man is that thing detailed. :)

IMG_8021.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8032.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

Wow! Beautiful colour tones, you've got an excellent eye for matching different colours. Outstanding work. It's a pleasure to see the pictures.

A few more phone photos of the almost finished halo and ME style guns. The finished guns will be up in a day or two.

The Han Solo Blastet is a kids toy that was large enough to look cool painted up. They run about 15.00 in the package and so far looks pretty cool :)

5d3d5007.jpg

2e9278a5.jpg

02fe80e0.jpg

a4fbedeb.jpg

5eecb04f.jpg

43f0a784.jpg

And the webley almost done:
d8b3be42.jpg

Thanks for all nice comments, it's appreciated. Keep the guns coming guys! :)

Wow!! What a journey of apicness. I've just finished reading through the whole thread and I have to say I am astounded by the quality of work throughout, even the first time efforts are amazing. I've got to give this a go as I used to paint warhammer 40k miniatures when I was younger so I might be able to use some of my old painting skills for doing something like this. I've also started collecting toy gun bits and bobs (among other things) for a scratch built generic Sci-Fi gun. Thanks for the inspiration to start my own project everyone :thumbsup

Last edited:
Hi guys

I have a couple of small question, how little can you sand the guns so you don't lose too much detail? Do they only need a quick once over with a fine grit paper (assuming one is keeping the logos and said detail)? I've got a Recon, Nitefinder, and a Barricade + stock I'd like to paint up for my boys. After that I'm going to attempt a scratch built Sci-Fi pistol. I've got some cool looking parts to stick around a donor cap gun I have (which will be the trigger and grip part of the build), which brings me to my next question:

What's everyone's favourite glue/bonder for the plastic and other materials? I have umpteen different tubes of glue that swear blind they're good for plastic and more, but are mostly useless so far for bonding two different materials. I've followed all instructions to the letter and some are ok with that plastic, and alright with this kind of material etc etc. Any help would be most appreciated, thanks.

Always glad to have people enjoying the projects, I promise I'm getting through to the new stuff as fast as the paint will allow :)

For the question about sanding, anything that toughs up the surface will help the paint bond to it, but I usually focus the most on spots that will see the most contact, like grips, triggers, and stocks. That's not to say I ignore the rest, but there is such a thing as too much :) For bonding the parts, hot glue can grip like a beast and 2-part epoxy is also very strong. I don't use superglue much because of the residue it can leave, plus I don't trust it for anything heavy or protruding. I'd be interested to see what others think or use

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back