Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Hey guys, here's a few outdoor photos of the finished rifles and also a few of the new Indiana Jones Webley I got in the mail last week. Man is that thing detailed. :)

IMG_8032.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

This one is super cool - I am trying to identify the guns you used... the front is from a Longshot and the stock from a Raider... but did you really use a Deploy for the middle part? Is this gun still functional???

If so that's some truly amazing work, I would love to see some pictures of the work in progress.

Vulture

This one is super cool - I am trying to identify the guns you used... the front is from a Longshot and the stock from a Raider... but did you really use a Deploy for the middle part? Is this gun still functional???

If so that's some truly amazing work, I would love to see some pictures of the work in progress.

Vulture

Thanks very much! It's not my original design, but I did add some custom bits to the mix and changed a few things from his original design. I'm glad you like it and I'll try to dredge up some progress photos for ya!

Finally some more photos. Hope you guys enjoy em.

Han Solo Blaster finished
b2192111.jpg

Pulse Rifle inspired Longshot. Still a work in progress
ce3f8698.jpg

a56b369a.jpg

Family Photo :)
800fb05b.jpg

A few action shots with my son! He had a good time with this :)
b99839a0.jpg

81c9367f.jpg

And some other projects worthy of mentioning
ae6a6d53.jpg

c6e6d37e.jpg

deef960e.jpg

4180e089.jpg

370a2c39.jpg

And here's a few shots from Weta's Righteous Bison I'm working on
ceed47d3.jpg

b0fde40b.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Well I finally found the time to start on the ever increasing stack of nerf guns my kids and their friends want me to do (don't know what I've started here, my kids have a lot of friends lol). I'm practicing/refreshing my painting skills on my maverick while I mod the rest prior to panting them all.

First up is a barricade mod (almost done, and also forgot to put the stock clamp on for this pic, sorry). I bought a recon stock to go on it, but decided it didn't look that good, then I had a brainwave. I stripped the stock down, chopped it a bit here and there, and voi la.

81612f8b.jpg

I moved the on/off switch so it's now activated by the trigger (much better for sneak attacks), and took the (IMHO ugly) front barrel end off.

Next up is a bit of a kit bash/nite strike mod combo. I took shots from different angles because it's difficult to see properly at the moment (I rescued the platic bottle while I was doing my recycling.). Once the primer arrives I'll give it a coat for better pics:

f5982250.jpg

5800aef9.jpg

2e09ec34.jpg

I wanted to do something extra for my youngests as he kind of lost out getting a bigger gun as he was quite small when we originally got them. If you notice the yellow thing on top of the the bottle isn't in the same place in each pic, it's cos I don't know wether it looks better at the back, middle or front, so I havn't glued it on yet. What do you guys think?

Prototype mod of my eldest son's recon sniper:

c6c2d60c.jpg

I've actually replaced the barrel since taking this pic as this one was too tight a fit for the darts. I might make a new silencer too if I can't successfully re-bore the green thing. I'll update with new pics for that soon.

I also have a longstrike in the wings I'm going to do as a sniper, and a stampede for a pulse rifle (esque) mod as a pressie for my bro's birthday as he's a big Aliens fan.

Thanks for inspiring me into doing this myself, I'm having a whale of a time, and daddy has hit a new level of :cool as far as the kids are concerned (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks very much! It's not my original design, but I did add some custom bits to the mix and changed a few things from his original design. I'm glad you like it and I'll try to dredge up some progress photos for ya!

Please... Im very interested in seeing how you made this too... :)

-Skyler101

I wanted to do something extra for my youngests as he kind of lost out getting a bigger gun as he was quite small when we originally got them. If you notice the yellow thing on top of the the bottle isn't in the same place in each pic, it's cos I don't know wether it looks better at the back, middle or front, so I havn't glued it on yet. What do you guys think?

Thanks for inspiring me into doing this myself, I'm having a whale of a time, and daddy has hit a new level of :cool as far as the kids are concerned (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Those are looking fantastic! I really like the use of the extra parts :)

For your youngest's NF, I think the recons stock part would look best top center , maybe just a touch back towards the rear. Maybe also mounted to the side of the extra dart holder. I'd make a post to mount it and then epoxy to really lock it in.

I'm so glad you're having fun with the kids, that's my favorite part as well haha

I may be starting on another of those deploy/longshot mashups and I'll be doing a "full" tutorial for you guys. Possibly a video if I can get to it :)

I had a length of stainless steel tubing and decided to make a proper cylinder for the maverick. This took entirely too much of the evening last night, but man it looks and feels great. More customizing will be done to the body - the shell you see is a doner I used while the real one was drying. I might steal the piece mounted to the side as it looks cool and might work with the intended color scheme. It's a jet pack from a bionicle Lego guy :)
2e72db3f.jpg

Finally got the first run of shirts done and my son is super proud. Anyone interested, just shoot me a message. More designs coming :)
82332ee4.jpg

And I finished up on about 5 other projects, this one being a favorite
8848d50e.jpg

Thanks and more soon. Kicking it up a notch or two :)

Those are looking fantastic! I really like the use of the extra parts :)

For your youngest's NF, I think the recons stock part would look best top center , maybe just a touch back towards the rear. Maybe also mounted to the side of the extra dart holder. I'd make a post to mount it and then epoxy to really lock it in.

I'm so glad you're having fun with the kids, that's my favorite part as well haha

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions :)

It seems I'm in the minority, as the rest of the family says the stock part looks better near the back as well. I do like the dart holder mount idea, it looks very cool. I will suggest it to him and see what he says.

I'm actually going to use the stock part to house a laser. My intention is to get it to function like the pretend one. I can leave the internals as they are, and incorporate a really cheap and small pen laser for £1.50 I found on eBay. All I got to do is add some wire length and solder the trigger switch to the pen laser switch. It's a bit fiddley, but I've been surface mount repair techie for a few years, it just needs care and a steady hand.

Last edited:
Really liking some of the frankennerfs. The Deploy/Longshots mod combos in particular. I don't like the deploy all by itself.

Now I just need to pick up a few nerf rayvens. Those are cool.

Finished a couple of mods and now thier ready for painting.

Longstrike sniper (still works):

3db2f914.jpg

042981c8.jpg

7c8f93a6.jpg

Recon sniper (new barrel/silencer set):

b95fe760.jpg

That looks great! Post more photos if you paint it up as well!

I will if I feel it's good enough, but I doupt it will be anything like as fantastic as your paint jobs. I have to stick to spray cans and dry rubbing ATM as my airbrush compressor has packed up. I don't think the kids will notice at all, but it's the little things I can't do that will niggle me a bit.

I will if I feel it's good enough, but I doupt it will be anything like as fantastic as your paint jobs. I have to stick to spray cans and dry rubbing ATM as my airbrush compressor has packed up. I don't think the kids will notice at all, but it's the little things I can't do that will niggle me a bit.

Just remember you can always go back and "fix" those parts once you have the airbrush sorted. I gotta get after using the one I bought, I think it will make a big difference once I get good with it!

Hey guys, here's a few things I've been working on in the workshop. A few are in-progress, but I felt they were worth seeing. Let me know what you think!

12.7v Rayven that shoots roughly 70ft flat. Homemade darts would make it incredible, I think
IMG_8467.jpg

An integrated Longshot in a Steampunk/Fallout style. About 50% done
IMG_8488.jpg

N7 Themed Nerf Vigilon
IMG_8428.jpg

Another N7 Stampede. These got kinda popular with the new game coming out recently
IMG_8416.jpg

Webley Resin cast supplied by Wade Egan
IMG_8481.jpg

Probably the last functioning Rotator X8 I'll ever do :)
IMG_8400.jpg

and one more with some upgrades
JohnsonArms.jpg

and lastly, the shirts came out pretty cool! Anyone who would want the file to print this, let me know and I'll get your email. That would be really cool
82332ee4.jpg

I love your N7 Vigilon paint jobs, they look so bad a**. Any chance of some instructions/tips on how to integrate the Longshot parts like the steam punk one in the pics above? I'd really like a go at one of those. The Deploy/longshot combos are pretty rad as well :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back