New RPF Sites Issues - CLOSED (please search for or start a thread for new issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last week I've been getting notifications that somebody has replied to a subscribed thread, with a copy of the
text they posted... but when I go to the thread there's nothing there.

Then, 1-3 days later, their reply suddenly shows up, in the order it was supposed to be in the thread.

Very odd. I've noticed that one "slow" poster is from Scotland, while most of the "fast replies" that appear
seem to be in the USA.

Using Firefox for a browser.
That is because those posts are from "new" members and are automatically being placed in the moderation queue. Once the post has been approved, it shows up in the thread at it's original post time.

That is because those posts are from "new" members and are automatically being placed in the moderation queue. Once the post has been approved, it shows up in the thread at it's original post time.

Isn't there a way to make it so that the post shows up at the end of the thread. So many posts get missed this way. It is frustrating for the member that posted and also the member that opened the thread.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any chance the "Mark forums read" button can be stashed somewhere less in the middle of the page? I've accidentally clicked it a few times now when trying to click subscribed threads and it totally messes me up.

Some one I know tried to join the site last night he hit me up on skype and told me this: [3:17:02 AM] *******: can't register on therpf
[3:17:09 AM] ******: some script error in the registration page.

Search function not working and (because of that?) quite a number of threads I've made are not showing. Meaning I can't access them thru search as they do not show up.

Seems to be working now though.... earlier when I tried searching for my name it didnt find any of my posts, now however it worked just fine :wacko

EDIT: scratch that, a lot of posts are missing from the search results

Last edited:
We rebuilt the search index last night, but it errored out. We are working with vBulletin at the moment to see why and to reindex again so all the strings are captured and you get a valid result.

I had just had a hell of a time getting the site to load, it just sat there spinning even after i cleared my cookies and such. It also asks me if i'm sure i want to leave the page every now and then when i try and post something.

We switched to a new server that was suppose to make things better, but it has been nothing but trouble so far.

What happened to the editing function? I can't edit some (not all) of my own threads (first post). It doesn't show me any text. I tried it with different browsers, but it didn't solve the problem.

What happened to the editing function? I can't edit some (not all) of my own threads (first post). It doesn't show me any text. I tried it with different browsers, but it didn't solve the problem.
That issue has it's own thread... http://www.therpf.com/f16/cant-edit-post-196486/

At this point, the issues that are coming up now don't really have anything to do with our roll out of vB4 so we are closing this thread.

Roland: I have split out your previous issue into it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back