RED ALERT Lost 3 ft TOS Enterprise found????

436206029_3279983362146616_8549460501604593368_n.jpeg
438880637_971699827649214_7567266402742056679_n.jpeg
439311458_10159626111462204_7766734309485092559_n.jpeg

THAT was an unforeseen and stupid move. It was known about at least a month before"everyone" knew.

Obviously, no one in the know can share the whole story, but in your opinion, had the ship not appeared on ebay, do you think the result is everyone else finds out about it "today" when Rod makes the big announcement that it has been found and authenticated?

Obviously, no one in the know can share the whole story, but in your opinion, had the ship not appeared on ebay, do you think the result is everyone else finds out about it "today" when Rod makes the big announcement that it has been found and authenticated?
I have no idea.
It's really no one's business But Roddenberry's and the guy who had the model, until they deemed when and if the public should know.
Don Gaffney caught it listed on EBAY and immediately notified everybody and anybody he thought should know about it. That's what stopped the auction.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Trek expert, but are there new details about the model itself to be learned now? Size? Paint color? Things theorized about and now proven to be true or vice versa? Just curious...

I'm not a big Trek expert, but are there new details about the model itself to be learned now? Size? Paint color? Things theorized about and now proven to be true or vice versa? Just curious...
There are some differences between the 33" and the 11 footer. Now that it has been found again, and there are newer photos, those differences can be explored further.

The paint color is supposed to be the same as the 11 footer so that is interesting in itself.

Honestly, I would argue we authenticated it here that first day, like in hours. LOL I was convinced by a barely visable imperfection in the saucer that matched both. Absolutely nobody would have noticed that in the vintage photo to make a fake. But I guess we don't issue RPF certificates of authenticity. LOL
With so many RPFers/Pros from the industry here knowing so much about so many models/props, etc...maybe an RPF-CA would be a good idea:p(y)(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back