Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with wiring diagrams!

Got my 3D today!!! Was a little surprised at how tiny they were, will have to make some modifications, but they'll still work :) Also got everything else I need; bingo chips, LEDs, RIT dye, watch gears, ect. Will start working this weekend, updates will be included. Thanks to epilepticsquirl for the free print!!! You rock webs buddy! :D :thumbsup

Anybody have a few spare bingo chips to mail out to a USA address?

Went ahead and started on the bingo chips today. First try was very successful! Happy with the outcome :)
I have one problem that came up though. Shapeways made one imperfection on my shooter plate. The 4 holes on one of my shooter plates aren't deep enough for the shooter face to fit in snug and all the way. Plate is one the on the left. So when I put it on it doesn't go in all the way. 2 options I thought of doing; taking a thin sharp sewing needle and scraping down the holes as best I can to deepen them, or sand down the pegs on the shooter face to make them fit in the holes. Not real sure what to do. Any suggestions?

spiderteen
best bet is to take some sandpaper and sand the pegs down. :thumbsup

spideyweb
aside from going pew pew pew everywhere you go, not going to happen.

Im having trouble on having a right and left web shooters. Any Help?

Went ahead and started on the bingo chips today. First try was very successful! Happy with the outcome :)
I have one problem that came up though. Shapeways made one imperfection on my shooter plate. The 4 holes on one of my shooter plates aren't deep enough for the shooter face to fit in snug and all the way. Plate is one the on the left. So when I put it on it doesn't go in all the way. 2 options I thought of doing; taking a thin sharp sewing needle and scraping down the holes as best I can to deepen them, or sand down the pegs on the shooter face to make them fit in the holes. Not real sure what to do. Any suggestions?

I took a screw driver and Xactoknife and carefully turned and twisted to make the holes bigger. Everyone here had to make them bigger. Careful, don't over do it.

The 4 holes on one of my shooter plates aren't deep enough

Seeing as it's only on one piece it seems unlikely that it is a fault with the file (unless there are are two different files for r/l on this piece).

The shallow holes look a lot whiter than the rest of the piece. It could just be that some of the un-sintered powder hasn't been cleared out properly. Have a poke at it with a screwdriver or something, it should be softer than the rest of the part.

Failing that, don't any of you own a drill?

Hi guys! I'm new on this forum :) nice to meet you all! Well, i would like to join the project :D So can i ask you for some help?
I'd like to know what files i have to download in order to send them to shapeways.
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys! I'm new on this forum :) nice to meet you all! Well, i would like to join the project :D So can i ask you for some help?
I'd like to know what files i have to download in order to send them to shapeways.
Thanks in advance!
Hi there and welcome aboard!
The first page of this thread has all the information you need to get started; including the files and where to go to find the direct links. Start there and good luck!

CAn anybody PM on a link to get the tips for the tulip slick 4oz bottle for the puffy? Thanks ! Best is from ebay, i cant find it...

This thread is for the discussion and expansion of the webshooters; please reference the costuming section in regards to suit construction techniques. ;):thumbsup

Hi there and welcome aboard!
The first page of this thread has all the information you need to get started; including the files and where to go to find the direct links. Start there and good luck!

Thank you!
I noticed those files weeks ago, but i was wondering if during several weeks anyone modified some of them :) BTW, you suggest me to use the "Shooter V1-2.zip" ?
Also i have some questions before to start, if it's not a problem for you :)

1) I would like to implement green and red Leds, so...will i have to cut some parts of the shooter? In this case, what part?

2) If i want to add wristwatch gears, it will influence the Led's compartment?

3) Where can i find some bingo chips? You know, i don't want to buy lots of pieces, i only need about 4...

Thank you again for your help! :)

BTW, you suggest me to use the "Shooter V1-2.zip" ?
yes they are the most current files

1) I would like to implement green and red Leds, so...will i have to cut some parts of the shooter? In this case, what part?
there are several members here who have added LEDs to their load out. The most complicated modification is drilling a hole for the led. No better how to guide than reading this thread in its entirety.

2) If i want to add wristwatch gears, it will influence the Led's compartment?
depends on how you add them. But I would say no.
3) Where can i find some bingo chips? You know, i don't want to buy lots of pieces, i only need about 4...
e-bay is your best bet at around $5.00 shipped. :thumbsup

Ok, thanks for the explanations. I'm about to order my pieces from shapeways :) i just have to check how to pay the pieces , i've got no pre-payed card :/
but i'll certainly join the project, it's way too cool!
Well done, i was looking for it!

spiderteen
best bet is to take some sandpaper and sand the pegs down. :thumbsup

spideyweb
aside from going pew pew pew everywhere you go, not going to happen.

im sure u acn make em shhot fluid i want mine 2

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back