Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with wiring diagrams!

Okay I need help now! :wacko lol Got all the greens and reed switch working fine, but now I'm stuck on the lighting up the red LEDs with the wired button. I tried several things early, but it failed epically. I was following my wiring diagram (Page 12), but the only way I was able to get the red to light up was flipping the button batter to witch the + and - ends would run the opposite direction, which is a problem bcuz now the greens wouldn't light up. Basically all my + ends on the left and my - are on the right. The left end of the reed switch will work for one side as well as the copper for the other. Sorry for the crappy quality pics, Peter Parker needs a new camera! :lol

Last edited:

i dont anything about the electeronics stuff that what i needed help on. lol

madmanmoe64, can you give me a basic setup and exactly everything I need if I go with the reed switch set-up please. I would appreciate it very much!!! Btw, if I use an FPC (as the tactile button) how can I hide it under my hand? Thanks!!!

I've drawn a basic circuit diagram for a circuit with switches.

pidermanwebshooter.png

The FPC is essentially just two long wires with two tactile switches at the end connected in parallel (so either one, or both, will set off the LED)

I don't know what you're going to use for your FPC part so I can't help much unless you give me more info.

Also you'd need a magnet to act as the trigger for the reed switch, look for small neodymium magnets, 5mm will probably fit.

Amazing, Spectacular, and Ultimate news!!! I have finished my web shooters!!! Just in time for halloween :D Now mine do light up red when pressed with the palm button, but the fluid indicator doesn't - had a little problem w/ the wiring & reed switch, basically... it broke lol However they do glow in the dark green! Check out the pics. Couldn't get any pics of the indicator glowing in the right lighting, but they do so! Thank you SO much epilepticsquirl! Your prints are amazing and I am very grateful that you made these available :) You're a true web-slinger! :) I'll eventually upload a YT soon displaying them as well as a possible short film w/ a replica Spidey suit I'm working on :) Again thanks for all the help guys, and thanks for the prints epilepticsquirl! Can't wait to see everybody else's shooters! :):thumbsup EXCELSIOR!!!!!! \m/, thwip!!

Last edited:

Amazing, Spectacular, and Ultimate news!!! I have finished my web shooters!!! Just in time for halloween :D Now mine do light up red when pressed with the palm button, but the fluid indicator doesn't - had a little problem w/ the wiring & reed switch, basically... it broke lol However they do glow in the dark green! Check out the pics. Couldn't get any pics of the indicator glowing in the right lighting, but they do so! Thank you SO much epilepticsquirl! Your prints are amazing and I am very grateful that you made these available :) You're a true web-slinger! :) I'll eventually upload a YT soon displaying them as well as a possible short film w/ a replica Spidey suit I'm working on :) Again thanks for all the help guys, and thanks for the prints epilepticsquirl! Can't wait to see everybody else's shooters! :):thumbsup EXCELSIOR!!!!!! \m/, thwip!!

awesome nice job :thumbsup

:love HOLY ****BALLS DUDE! :cry

^^^ Thanks everyone!!! Glad you all like them! :) Anyone else get theirs done as well? Any new progress?

So I've been having this idea nagging at me for the past couple of weeks; and with the release of the new spiderman movie I figured this would be the perfect time to introduce this project.

Long ago before I joined this board I've heard of tales where members would work together on group projects. Everyone would gather the same materials and build their props as a group; spanning the globe even! This idea fascinates me to no end and with the current state of technology, I believe we can take this to the next level.

I have here a template of sorts of the web shooter from the movie that I replicated based solely on the 3D references that have been out. I didn't even reference any other members build.
View attachment 101689
View attachment 101690
View attachment 101691
View attachment 101692
View attachment 101693

Now I've purposely left off some detail on this model. This is where you guys come in. I want to see all the different creative ways you guys can finish off this model! There are so many different options that you guys can add to this shooter! You can leave it as is and have a stunt shooter, or you can really trick it out and add gears a processor and even LED's! Not a fan of the steampunk look? Well modify it with wires and small techno bobs and bits. The point is with a dremel, glue and your imagination the possibilities are endless!

The only requirements I have with this model are two fold, and one is that you MUST share your progress here with the rest of us! In order for this group project to work we need the input of all the members to share the work they've done with their projects. I believe if we all share how we finish off the shooters that we can achieve something awesome here. Best of all, this can be had for a minimum amount of money because I'm offering the model free!

Lastly I must ask that no monetary gains be made with this model; or with any run associated with this project. If you're going to offer something do it at cost. I want everyone a fair chance at making their own shooters.

Shapeways is showing that this model can be printed for about $22.00. This is assuming you have everything polished and the nozzle printed in Ultra Detail. Cheaper options are available but that is what I strongly recommend.

Thr shapeways links can be found in the JY. A simple search should turn em up for you to purchase. :thumbsup

Here are the final dimensions of the shooter that I did based on member input.

View attachment 101685

So let me know what you guys think and if you will be participating in this group project!

and lastly, here are the 3D files for your enjoyment!
View attachment 104893

spiderman-web-shooter-collaborative-project-free-model-proof-12.jpg-102784d1342039569

----------------------------------------------------
**UPDATE!!!**
My 3D print has arrived and it looks awesome!
The nozzle came out unreal, all the small details were captured just as I modeled them. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult to capture it all with my camera! I can not wait to get started on these puppies!
View attachment 104733
View attachment 104734
View attachment 104735
View attachment 104736
Also, this was my first time working with Ultra Frosted Detail and I couldn't be happier with the results. The detail it's able to capture is remarkable to say the least.
One criticism I do have is that the bezel is a little thin by itself. Once it's on the base it's no problem but I can certainly see now how the material behaves when it isn't modeled properly. An awesome learning experience to say the least. :):thumbsup
7631675882_2a139a0634_c.jpg

just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to buy two sets of them from you shipped?

$1,000 shipped; and that includes tracking. If you want it insured add $10. That goes for everyone who keeps on PM'ing me about that. :lol

In other news, I'm back on the hunt and eager to finish up my shooters; just need to track down a suitable battery holder.

okay so when i figure out how to im going to post my second pair in the junk yard today (obviously at cost)... i bought two pairs so one lot could be my prop and the other to be fitted with light and sounds.
i have now realised i have no time to finish the working pair and so i will be letting them go...
ps... im in love with my prop pair, AMAZING work epilepticsquirl... truly.
thankyou

Well here is my progress so far. I ordered watch parts to finish them of.

Here is a pic of one.

A link to the build and more pics can be found in my signature.

20121107194506.jpg

Hey gang-

late to the party here.. but love the work (and that BUDGET is a focus here.. instead of expensive/needless spending)

that being said...

I noticed a few comments about working/blinking lights...(more than just mechanical button press = lights on)

as well as the chip that was used for under the red bingo chip.

That chip (ATmega 328P is the same exact SMD chip used in the Arduino platform) ;)

I am not sure how much room is left (if any) on the bottom of the housing?
(especially after a 3.3v watch battery is being used/added.)

but I was mulling over trying to design a professional PCB to mount the chip on top..and SMD leds as well 'on top'.. and everything else underneath..

size being a limited factor.. I think we can run a minimal circuit (less components) if we run the Arduino @ 8Mhz instead of 16Mhz... no vRegulator @ 3.3v battery input (not crazy about that, but space is a concern)..

maybe even some pads to solder on the 'switches' mounted where ever you have them (side nozzle/shooter..etc)

my initial idea/was an approach like this:

(quick drawing in PS)
ASM_pcb.jpg

might be a pipe dream.. but having an interactive version would be nice..

can code up some different 'scenarios' for led animations/functions..etc..

I can seriously look into design a PCB, if I can get some more specs/idea on the room we have.

great project!!

the dimensions/sizes Id like to get (if anyone has them handy or can grad some calipers..etc)

Im looking for the "OD/ID" of the holes/rings..

1.) the hole on the TOP for the bingo chip size (3/4..yes?)

2.) the OD of the base plate itself.. (the inner lip dimension).

edit:

hmm. .. I dont think it going to work (or at least be easy) now that I see these images of the parts:

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...ject-now-wiring-final-3.jpg-101691d1341606625

that bottom part would almost have to be turned over and the pcb sit inside that base.. and the blue trim ring goes over the ATMega328P chip..etc..

looking at this pic:
http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...ject-now-wiring-final-5.jpg-101693d1341606625

how much circular ID is there/under the blue trim ring piece?

still would like to challenge myself to work within that space constraint though.. (just for fun still)

thanks to anybody who is around and has a 3D program open and can perhaps post those dimensions!!! :D

Last edited:

i know this is a silly question but does anybod have any ideas on a web fluid formula???

I have NONE..

Im still waiting/hoping someone will chime in about the ID (space) inside the blue bezel portion.. so I can keep tinkering around with a PCB..

I think it would be awesome to use the same chip..but make it actually 'functional'..

(bonus points if we can do sound too!)

Anybody out there have a few minutes to measure their parts? :)

(or have a 3D app installed so they can grab some dimensions?)

thanks!!!! :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back