Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with wiring diagrams!

Uh, yes i tried to set those millimeters, i tried even in centimeters, but the site asks me a third dimension...idk what to put in there :\
for every piece i upload, i have to set 3 dimensions...it's a little bit boring, i know...but shapeways would cost me too much...it's for this reason that i'm asking so much help.
i only have to solve that problem, then i can order pieces soon and start to work :)
time is killing me! >.<

Ok i took some measures, just tell me if they are ok or not.

Base: 3.5 x 3.5 cm
Face: 2.5 x 2.5 cm
Nozzle: 1.0 x 0.5 cm
Cartridge: 1.5 x 1.0 cm
Fluid Meter: 1.5 x 0.4 cm

It's right? :)

EDIT: Okay, nevermind. The only difference is the VAT, so i can go with shapeways :) there is minimum saving money.

Last edited:

Help anyone!> o_O :)

I would use a cr2016 coin cell. They provide 3V which is good for LEDs and they're really thin.
Connect your circuit in parallel and for those LEDs you want to use a 56 Ohm resistor.

Edit: If you haven't wired up a parallel circuit before it wants to look something like this.

Last edited:

Thanks madmanmoe64!!!
One more question. What exactly do I need to buy besides these?:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9261 (ATMega chip)
1.6mm LED (Red and Green)
and of course the cr2016 batteries.

For electronics:
You'll need some 1/8th watt 56 ohm resistors (1 for each LED) and a way to make some good battery contacts. For things like this I usually use a bit of tin can to make two small round battery contact discs. And of course some sort of switch.

The hardest part will be neatly fitting it all in the case.

If you meant other stuff to complete the whole build?
- green rit dye, red bingo chips, paint, sand paper, spot filler, glue etc.

Thanks again!
I got all of the other miscellaneous items, just needed help with the electrical items. Do I need reed switches, magnets, or wires???

Thanks again!
I got all of the other miscellaneous items, just needed help with the electrical items. Do I need reed switches, magnets, or wires???

That's all up to you.

You could have the fluid indicator activated by a reed switch. That way if you put a magnet in the fluid cartridge the light would activate when you put the cartridge in.

You could also run some wires down your palm to a small tactile button, that would activate the red light whenever you 'fired' .

Or you could just have a small slide switch hidden away that would turn the whole lot on / off.

It's always handy to have a reel of 'hook up' wire when making circuits, but for such a small space the leads on the resistors and leds should be long enough.

can you show me a pic PLEASE!!!!!!

Your going to have to be a little more specific, but if it's related to this community project and you haven't looked through the thread yet what you seek may already be available.

madmanmoe64, can you give me a basic setup and exactly everything I need if I go with the reed switch set-up please. I would appreciate it very much!!! Btw, if I use an FPC (as the tactile button) how can I hide it under my hand? Thanks!!!

alright crunch time for Halloween.

Anyone got lighting shooters yet?
Correct type battery? Switches?
Doesnt seem like theres been any posts in weeks.

alright crunch time for Halloween.

Anyone got lighting shooters yet?
Correct type battery? Switches?
Doesnt seem like theres been any posts in weeks.

Most personal projects are on hold in my case.... senior year is kicking my rear.

Finished all my painting! Experimented w/ the silver, very happy with the finish :) Got my holes drilled and LEDs in place as well. Literally just now started soldering, not as easy as I remember lol Duct tape actually helps a lot to keep studier while soldering, just be careful not to melt it. Feelings are a little meh, luckily though the greens are lighting up, so :thumbsup for that!

^^^
Thanks buddy! Not everything is solder though, only the - end of the green LEDs, but I will have more updates to come! :)

:thumbsup
Finished all my painting! Experimented w/ the silver, very happy with the finish :) Got my holes drilled and LEDs in place as well. Literally just now started soldering, not as easy as I remember lol Duct tape actually helps a lot to keep studier while soldering, just be careful not to melt it. Feelings are a little meh, luckily though the greens are lighting up, so :thumbsup for that!

cool awesome job :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back