Star Trek XI Uniform shirts

I'm in for a blue medium. :):thumbsup

I think a medium anyway...Did I miss a 'size chart'?

Yes, this will be a little pricy...but it will be truly "high-end" accurate. Well worth the cost when comparing this to your average Trek costume.

Thanks for continuing with this Got Maul!

You know, I really hope they keep these costumes for the sequel. It would be a total let-down if Abrams decided to completely re-invent the uniforms...

You know, I really hope they keep these costumes for the sequel. It would be a total let-down if Abrams decided to completely re-invent the uniforms...

I have a strong feeling this last movie was the homage, while the next one he's going to have suits more akin to the cadet reds and officer greys. Its just my feeling.

Hello, i am interested in one of the dresses, in a Medium Red if possible but would be happy with any colour.

sarah

I just hope there are enough to make it happen....three custom colors and various sizes has to be a major obstacle, its not like a screen used prop thats replicates just one character onscreen this is alot more complex.

Thanks for the compliments all !

Well a few things happened today that got me excited as well as saddened because of the reality of this project.

This is where your money meets your mouth.

We start with one simple premise when my group starts a project: We will get as close to the original as humanely possible. If the original sources are revealed, without a doubt, they will be used. Its a not a question of whether we use them or not as much as we use them or we don't do this.

The reason why I say this is because today I discovered some the originators of the fabric and ultimately the pattern. I received some price quotes today.

That was the exciting part...the prospect of having the EXACT color as used (by the way, they were custom colors made- this I know for fact from research that has also been validated by the original artists).

The sticky party is this : Just the shirt will cost in the range of $220- 250 which is still very rough. It will be exact as I have always pledged in our projects, but its a tough glass to swallow for many.

If we don't have enough people to run this - it won't happen.

Also, don't ask about just doing the fabric run, it won't save you much from the above number and we're not interested in doing a project to half completion.

I know its a big number and I don't hide behind it. In this case, it simply is the cost of exactness and accuracy. I humbly ask for your opinions on this and if you will or will not stay with this project.

No hard price but here is the range that was mentioned.

If these get ready for Halloween, I will be going as Kirk - Luckily, I am around the same size as him so I don't have the XL syndrome.
Wondering if I should dye my hair though - Pine looks like he had some kind of highlights in his hair?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back