Star Trek XI Uniform shirts

The colored "over shirts" are indeed spandex. They are not cut skin tight, that's all. The very dark gray (almost black) undershirt is a different material.

Yeah, no shots of the pants and boots have been released yet, so I'm still wondering if they went with the cropped and cuffed look from TOS or pants tucked into the boots ala the Trek movies. I'd hate to think they would have gone with full length pants when the top half of the uniform is such a close echo to the original costumes.

Looking at Urban as McCoy in this pic......looks like pants jammed into jack boots....even worse looking than the other movies :thumbsdown

081016st11enterprisebrcja9.jpg

god I hope the bridge of the enterprise is better than what I'm seeing so far. it looks like someones living room with the stupid inset lights. how about something a bit more moody a la ST TWOK or even closer to the original re lighting. that looks turgid

Looks like a Sony Store ! lol

I am still excited as hell though. What is on McCoy's wrists ? Why does Kirk look like a boy ?

So for the black/charcoal under-tunic, I don't think I'll bother with the little lighter insignia as seen on the Kirk pictures. It wont be seen, so I wouldn't bother.

We could try involving Indy Magnoli on this one - he is very knowlegable on fabric types and could offer some usable input on to what may have been used.
As far as the printed pattern goes, sublimation is very likely because the color looks like it is IN the fabric and not on top of it as would happen with silk screening. A lot of wearable designs are being 'direct-to-fabric' printing these days because the technology has come a long way and the results are faster and cheaper than traditional fabric printing methods.
I bet the insignia is cast in a flexable material like rubber or something.

I just threw this together, I think it's a little closer than the previous version.

TrekXIShirtPattern.jpg

I drew it oversized so that the dimensions could be played with, but everyone use freely! :)

-Sarge

These are nice, however looking closely at the shirt in the picks, I believe that the little delta shields are staggered in rows and not perfectly lined up from row to row. Does that make sense? The point of one is beneath the center of the one on top of it?
I'm probably not being very clear here.
Sorry...
I want a blue tunic myself!

I just threw this together, I think it's a little closer than the previous version.

TrekXIShirtPattern.jpg

I drew it oversized so that the dimensions could be played with, but everyone use freely! :)

-Sarge

Wow! Thanks for that shot! I was going from Quinto's shirt, and I could tell the chevrons were staggered somehow, but with the camera angles and the fabric stretching in places, it was really making my skull hurt. Looks like they're staggered vertically instead of horizontally like mine.

-Sarge

I'd be interested in a shirt or two myself. This is killing me because I want to be spoiler free, but I want to get started on a costume... I'm in my own paradox!

Last edited:
I have been a life long Star Wars geek...(10 Star Wars costumes...and counting)

and never have been a huge Star Trek fan...

but I gotta say...
I am excited about this new movie...
and...
I really would like to do a Star Trek crew costume (probably "Engineering")..
so this thread is a huge help already with the photos that have been posted here...

I've been studying pictures for weeks for a costume maker to help them create a fairly accurate replica of the new uniform.

However, as you see above, the material has the starfleet delta printed onto it in a minute pattern.
It's seems Paramount have done this to make it impossible for anyone but licence holders to replicate the uniform. And we all know who the only licencee is, don't we?
So unless someone has access to a material printer and can reproduce the pattern, we ain't getting Screen Accurate costumes.
Very fan unfriendly and very very shrewd move in my opinion.

Last edited:
wow, i'm sure they sat around at Paraamount and decided..."lets make it so the fans can't make this costume"!. Even liscensed holders will probably not do this kind of printing onto the fabric. I didn't see one Sups Returns Liscensed costume with his sheilds sub dyed. I think those shields look great in the fabric. It adds a dimension to the overall look that would not be there with a flat dyed piece.

wow, i'm sure they sat around at Paraamount and decided..."lets make it so the fans can't make this costume"!. Even liscensed holders will probably not do this kind of printing onto the fabric. I didn't see one Sups Returns Liscensed costume with his sheilds sub dyed. I think those shields look great in the fabric. It adds a dimension to the overall look that would not be there with a flat dyed piece.
Check out Rubies costumes. They are the only licensed customer for ST costumes.
They have the printed pattern, albeit it in a very crap, typical rubies, quality.

I agree it adds dimension to the overall look of the uniform. But its also a shrewd method to ensure that you can only get an accurate costume from them, via Rubies (Cheap tat at overinflated prices)

Last edited:
It definitely looks printed on. I have been thinking about this project as I have a partner in the east who produced our BSG clothing from raw templates and fabric that we all agreed to.

If we could source this fabric, I am sure we could find a way to print it in the east as well as have it cut and sewn.

Please, please, please tell me you guys are still going forward with this. :love

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back