TDK: Harvey Dent/Two Face's Coin

I'm pretty sure I could do exactly what Grenadeking mentioned......i have some experience in casting white metal....just mold the face side of the coin, flip the coin over and remold the face again, but the mold would have to be absolutely perfect.

Can anyone post some clear pictures of the coin? both front and......well .......other front? I want to make sure I'm making it accurate before i go too far.

I'd greatly appreciate it!
thanks!

tim, i'd end up just buying one at my local coin shop or ebay most likely. But i'd like to make sure i get the right mint and quality (if the coin detail is pristine or if it is warn/smoothed at all, etc)

i went through some of the later scenes in the movie where the coin is featured a lot, but the video quality is too crappy to see any detail. :(

from a online making of video:

9238574.jpeg

hmm, thanks for the picture.....yeah, doesn't look like there is room for a date and no "in god we trust" but i thought i remembered seeing that in the movie.

any good pictures of the scratched side?

Hmm, that's strange.... I'm pretty sure there was a date on at least one of them, because I remember thinking "Good, they did their homework" on getting the date right.

I also remembered seeing the date in the film as well, but the coin in that screen cap above is odd for sure. Here's a real Peace Dollar:

peace_dollar_1922_obverse_aviva.jpg

But that film coin is odd because it doesn't appear to have enough room for the date at the bottom, yet it doesn't seem like they just cut it down, because "LIBERTY" isn't cut off at all on the top.

There's a front and back shot of the coin in the "Art Of" book. I saw it while flipping through it in the book store yesterday. :)

-B89! :D

I also remembered seeing the date in the film as well, but the coin in that screen cap above is odd for sure. Here's a real Peace Dollar:

But that film coin is odd because it doesn't appear to have enough room for the date at the bottom, yet it doesn't seem like they just cut it down, because "LIBERTY" isn't cut off at all on the top.

i think its the angle hes holding it, youre seeing the edge of the coin and its making he bottom of the neck appear to be directly at the bottom, and obscuring the date?

Does anyone have a bookstore nearby that has the Art book?
The closest Barnes and Noble around here is about an hour away. :(

There's probably one at my local barnes and noble. The book is a little expensive though. I might head over tonight just to check the date and stuff though.

Cheers. I'm pretty sure it's 1922... it's the same year it was in the comic. I think a lot of us are interested in the damaged side, the location of the gouges, etc...

I just saw the movie again last night and I can say it for sure says 1922. I was looking specifically for that detail.

I got the art of book and can say with 100% certainty that it's 1922 and the image of the coin above the correct version. If anyone wants I can scan the picture, including the charred side.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back