TDK: Harvey Dent/Two Face's Coin

Yeah, can you scan a pic, that'd be awesome! Thanks man, I'm sure all the people interested in this will appreciate it!:thumbsup

I saw the one on ebay. But shouldn't the two heads be upside down from each other? I could have sworn that's what I saw when Rachel had the coin in the movie.

screengrab :love

53748098wd2.jpg

^ Thanks. I think the screen-used prop is a casting. Notice the weakness of the "In God" part of the motto and how the rim blends into the surface of the coin, as if the flat portions of the obverse are uneven. Add that to the artificial tarnish pattern I noticed in one of my earlier posts, and I don't think that this was made from actual coins.

We'd need to see a picture of the reverse for the mintmark (below the "One" in "One Dollar"). There would only be a "D" or "S" mintmark; Philadelphia mint Peace Dollars bore no "P" mintmark.

Last edited:
We'd need to see a picture of the reverse for the mintmark (below the "One" in "One Dollar"). There would only be a "D" or "S" mintmark; Philadelphia mint Peace Dollars bore no "P" mintmark.

Since this is a two-headed coin, the reverse would look the same as the face you're seeing (minus the scarring and charring, that is) and so there would be no mint mark.

Since this is a two-headed coin, the reverse would look the same as the face you're seeing (minus the scarring and charring, that is) and so there would be no mint mark.

D'oh! You're right, of course. I hadn't had my second cup of coffee yet when I typed that. :lol

huh...that dirty side doesnt look right at all, i thought it was blackened and scortched and had a few gashes on it.

That scan from the book - while appreciated! - just doesn't look like how I remember the scarred side looking. I'll be honest, I would be happier with a screencap from the movie.

It's the "Art" not "Making of..." book--so anything you post is going to be a rendering done in pre-production and not a screen accurate photograph of the prop (generally speaking).

-I

thanks to everyone for trying to find accurate clear pictures of the scratched part of the coin.

is anyone willing to risk bringing a decent camera to the theater and take a few hi-res shots? ;)

ive got mine on the way, as soon as i get it, ill be molding the front and trying a resin one firt, then ill see if i can do pewter or something similar. Metal casting works ok in a silicone mold right? Ive got a sand casting kit, but i never really learned how to use it.

Does anyone remember if the opposite side is upside down or are they both the same orientation on each side?

9026756.jpeg

anyone remember if they could see ridges on the side of the coin? Thats the hardest part to line up when copying one side to the other on a prototype, i cant remember if they smoothed them or not, would have made making the prop coins alot easier.

I'm going to go see it again myself, but I'd welcome anyone's feedback as to which of these look correct. I think it's the first one.

coin1.jpg

coin2.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back