Blade Runner Deckard Wallet Research Thread

QuartZ

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been looking at different wallets to put my new Blade Runner Deckard ID card in: http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=118475

I'd like to have a wallet replica full of all the goodies myself, and I don't think the high priced one is really all that accurate. So let's put our heads together, draw some conclusions, and see if we can't source a good replica leather wallet for a lot less money.

Also, what do we know was in the wallet, let's show photos, screenshots, and proof.

I think this information can be beneficial to everyone. I'll start:

- The wallet to me appears to not be black leather, but a weathered/distressed brown leather. It's possible it might be a dark brown, or suede.
- The corners of the wallet look fairly rounded. I've seen some wallets on ebay with similar rounded corners.
- The id 'window' looks oversized. A lot of wallets have a smaller id opening that only shows about 90-95% of an ID-1 standard drivers license. The Blade Runner wallet looks like the opening is larger.
- It looks like the wallet is a trifold. I could be wrong, but there's shots where a flap folds in over the middle of the wallet, and the back of the wallet is buldging (possible badge inside that we never see?)

Who wants to start on contents? I've heard various takes on the money.

Here's an example of a brown wallet with a nice deep color and is distressed:
br_wallet_01.jpg

And this one has the kind of rounded corners I was talking about:
br_wallet_02.jpg

Though it's not seen being extracted from the wallet, I'm pretty sure the vid-phon card is in there, along with a piece of paper that must have rachels phone number written on it.

in the scene where he calls her from Taffy's, it sure looks like there's some kind of piece of paper inside his open wallet that he's using to make the call.

I don't think there's proof of ANYTHING else in the wallet other than the Cop ID.

The Rachel Number looks like it's written on a card stock advertisement or something similar. You can barely see a bunch of printed writing on it.

It'd be fun to make something up though.

Nick

I would say the only contents you really need to put in the wallet are the the apartment key and the ID. That is all we ever saw in the movie that I remember. The money Deckard uses he takes out of a pocket and it is all crumpled up. We never see photos, the credit card, the badge, the money, or anything else in the wallet. Despite the various replicas out there that claim to be accurate to the screen used piece as far as I'm concerned everyone should just put what they want in the wallet. It would be more personal and a lot more interesting. Just my 2 cents .

Looking at a collage that Juno (?) posted in another thread, it does indeed look to be a 3 panel wallet. (nice end shot)
And when he's making the call to Rachel what ever the extra item is it looks thick.
It looks to be the pic of her as a child with her mom. (hard to tell)
could be a couple of pictures for that matter.

D6

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Oct 25 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]1344520[/snapback]</div>
Here's a pic Kevin posted in another thread:

wallet.jpg

FB
[/b]

Is there a photograph being held by his thumb? What is that? It's not part of the wallet. :eek

FB

Looks like a crappy piece of crumpled foil card to me. He's looking at it as if it's supposed to be a list of phone numbers.

Aha. I think that crumpled paper in RKW's shot and the thing Deckard's thumb is on in FB's wallet shot are the same. It looks like a photograph that has been folded a few times, and the picture has worn off where the creases were. I don't remember, but is a beatup folded rachel photograph shown elsewhere in the movie?

Sigh, gotta watch DVD again.

Nice thread. I'll have to watch the DVD again and see what I can see.

Dana, not to hijack this thread, but would you consider starting another to show us how your T2 display ended up? I remember the paintjob being phenomenal, but I don't believe I ever saw the finished display...

Well I'm not convinced it's a photo because it seems too reflective. However, it would be a bit boring to have a creased foil card and much cooler to take the photo below of Rachels mom, replace the girl with a boy and distress the photo. That way you have more evidence that Deckard is a replicant by having a photo with the same porch and mother.

I guess what I should have posted is that a reliable source told me that it is indeed a photo of Deckards mom so there. It's now FACT :p

I found this photo:

Might be old news to some folks here, but I had never seen it before. Shows the wallet pretty good imo. (Not to mention Deckard's shirt/tie/overcoat)

If the center piece really did contain a badge than all badge wallets I've seen have a leather or suede piece that protects the badge and the contents of the wallet from the edges of the badge.

While I have the DrS badge and wallet set I really want a trifold but like the DrS badge best so went looking and am going to give this a shot:

http://www.copsplus.com/showitem.php?key=4046

It's the best trifold with badge location I've found that matches closely (but not exactly) to the Deckard wallet.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back