Star Trek XI Uniform shirts

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is it too early to start thinking about the 'new' uniforms from the upcoming Star Trek movie?
image_splash.jpg

spock.jpg

I don't think so, though that printed delta-shield shadow pattern in the tunics is going to be a real roadblock. I wish it didn't make the command tunics look SO dark...

I'm sure anyone who plans a run of that fabric will let us know...
it's going to take a lot of yards to make it affordable.

Magnoli? :lol

Well, I remember when Superman Returns came out and I was sure no one was going to be able to get the fabric right, yet not too long after, people discovered the exact fabric used in the movie AND was also able to reproduce the 'diomond' pattern on it.
With 'Trek' costuming being so huge, I am confident that someone will eventually find out what fabric the costume makers used. It looks like the new uniforms have a diamond pattern as well - do you think it is sewn in or printed on??

It definitely looks printed on. I have been thinking about this project as I have a partner in the east who produced our BSG clothing from raw templates and fabric that we all agreed to.

If we could source this fabric, I am sure we could find a way to print it in the east as well as have it cut and sewn.

Additionally, the fabric for the overshirts is just jumbo spandex, albiet printed with the delta shield pattern, but nevertheless quite attainable spandexworld.com, spandexhouse.com, etc... You can see the grain quite clearly in this super high-res photo of Spock (after you go to the link click the picture)

After seeing the joker fabric get printed from a couple of sources, it seems like this would certainly be a possibility

-John

Thanks for the pattern pics nwjedidave. Looks pretty good.

I don't think the material is spandex. From the few pics we've all seen, the fabric doesn't seem to have that spandex stretchy look (Spider-Man, Superman). It could be a synthetic but I'm not so sure of spandex. Can anyone determine from the weave or something from the high-rez photo of Spock?

Chronos

not my pictures as they were first posted over at ASAP Dewback wing.

And someone has already mentioned super spandex. I myself don't know.

I'm really glad this is being discussed! I really want to get some screen accurate tunics from the new movie, the rest of the uniform looks really easy to make, the black undershirt and all, not sure about the pants and boots yet thought

Yeah, no shots of the pants and boots have been released yet, so I'm still wondering if they went with the cropped and cuffed look from TOS or pants tucked into the boots ala the Trek movies. I'd hate to think they would have gone with full length pants when the top half of the uniform is such a close echo to the original costumes.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back