MIM at it again (recasting)

they didn't even make a good cast. the selector switch is horrible looking and the entire thing seems like a snub nose. Sorry this happened again. :(

MiM is Monsters in Motion.

They are a company here in Los Angeles that sell statues, prop replicas, toys etc.,.

They are notorious for reacsting peoples items and selling as their own.

Last edited:
The ONLY thing I would ever order from them (and only because I can't get one anywhere else as accurate for the price) is their Rocketeer helmet. Even if he wasn't a recastor, the prices he charges is robbery.

The ONLY thing I would ever order from them (and only because I can't get one anywhere else as accurate for the price) is their Rocketeer helmet. Even if he wasn't a recastor, the prices he charges is robbery.

Huh!?!?!

Because the accuracy and price is right, you'd go ahead and order from a recaster?

How arrogant of MIM.. I'm not an expert in casting and this is a blatant copy of your hard work Matsuo!! I'll make people are aware of this and highly suggest not purchasing this.

Just because they make a modification to the side so the Shells can be extracted doesn't not make it now yours.

That really sucks and i cant believe he has the audacity to say its the only one in existence! :angry
I am a Mod on the Replica Prop Board so will post up about this. These sort of guys are ruining the hobby, i know of at least 2 really talented people who have stopped making props now due too it being recast. this is the knock on effect of recasters so spread the word everyone.

This really sucks Matt, your BSG gun was the first thing I ever purchasd from you, and my favorite prop of all time, I seriously can't beleive the would do This knowing that your really the only one out there that made this prop and can blatenly be traced back to you, incredibly stupid on there part!

Huh!?!?!

Because the accuracy and price is right, you'd go ahead and order from a recaster?

No, I wouldn't. I didn't word my post well. I was trying to say that the only thing I ever would have ordered from MiM would have been the helmet because the price and accuracy was good. I wouldn't have ordered anything else because of his rip off prices. HOWEVER, now that I know he's a recaster, he won't even get my business with the helmet........which sucks, because no one makes an affordable AND accurate helmet.

MiM will never get their rotten hands on my money. :angry

Like Silverskyes402, your S1 blaster is probably my favourite prop! (I fear handling it sometimes... :))

Wow, I didn't know they were reasters, I was going to order the rocketeer helmet and pack next year...looks like I'll have to find another source.

mike

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back