Limited Run “Mine! Or I will help you not!” YODA LAMP BLOWOUT. Last in stock SALE

Re: “Mine! Or I will help you not!” Luke’s… no wait… Yoda’s Dagobah Lamp run.

Deposit sent. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I will be in on this. I will get DP to you this weekend. SH's work speaks for itself. :)

Kirk

Last edited:

list updated! Half way there.

1/2 there! Yeaaaaah buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on guys, let's make this run happen! I can't imagine not more people want one of these...

Update: Aaron from Solo's Hold has suffered a shop injury. So in light of that and the holidays we may have more time to get this going. Keep spreading the word, we only need a about 15 more people to make it happen. Remember deposits only.

I have the prototype in hand. We'll make a few minor unseen changes, and I will be installing the electronics this week for a proof of concept to show you guys. ^_^

oh, so I have time to win the Lotto and buy up all the remaining spots....? :D

People should just ask money to Santa to get into this run ;).

Just to know, what would be the deadline to reach the 30? Just to know when I can expect the deposit back, or need to save for paying the rest. ;)

With Aaron's injury, we're gonna push it back until at least new years but will know more based on his healing. I just sent revisions to him from the prototype yesterday as there are 3-4 very small tweaks I wanted to make that no one will see but will make it better. Otherwise we're good to go.

I'll install the prototype today or tomorrow and get photos and videos up for everyone.

Either way I'm pretty sure this will happen.

Just in case though get more people off the fence!

Yay! Just joined the list!! I can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We are getting there boys!

Boom... prototype in hand and installed.

So there are going to be some very minor changes, that are all internal to this prototype. Outwardly it should look identical, aside from the led being a little shorter inside the dome/top. So you won't see the heatshrink.

20171201_152514.jpg

Also, here is the original part. I was pointed to this by thd9791, as he spotted this on eBay and alerted me. It's a vintage Ever Ready pen torch (or flash light in the USA). I saw it and right away thought he was right. The timeline works, the place those were most common, so I bought it. When it came I saw immediately on getting it to work, that the light plays, reflects, and looks EXACTLY like the original prop's top. It also made perfect sense form the standpoint of being a form factor that's nearly identical to what the original prop was, as a pen flashlight. I started scaling the image based on known R2D2 claw scales, and it all matched up. Based on that I started measuring my hand made guess work scratch built one, and found that my dimensions were super close. So I did some adjustments and it brought us to where this run and prototype are in scale.

20171201_152234.jpg

Finally, to compared the scale to the RPF run from a few years ago, you can see ours is much smaller based on the found pen light part.

20171201_152144.jpg

Interestingly the proportions are very similar, except my reference doesn't show the tapers in the sections like the previous run interpretations. From what I can see in the images I have access to, the sections are just straight cuts. So we went that direction.

So there's the part/story and the prototype. Hope you guys like it!

Oh... production LEDs will be warm white to match the screen used reference.

yoda_run3.jpg

20171201_152514.jpg

20171201_152234.jpg

20171201_152144.jpg

yoda_run3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Boom... prototype in hand and installed.

So there are going to be some very minor changes, that are all internal to this prototype. Outwardly it should look identical, aside from the led being a little shorter inside the dome/top. So you won't see the heatshrink.

http://scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/yoda/yodaproto/20171201_152514.jpg

Also, here is the original part. I was pointed to this by thd9791, as he spotted this on eBay and alerted me. It's a vintage Ever Ready pen torch (or flash light in the USA). I saw it and right away thought he was right. The timeline works, the place those were most common, so I bought it. When it came I saw immediately on getting it to work, that the light plays, reflects, and looks EXACTLY like the original prop's top. It also made perfect sense form the standpoint of being a form factor that's nearly identical to what the original prop was, as a pen flashlight. I started scaling the image based on known R2D2 claw scales, and it all matched up. Based on that I started measuring my hand made guess work scratch built one, and found that my dimensions were super close. So I did some adjustments and it brought us to where this run and prototype are in scale.

http://scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/yoda/yodaproto/20171201_152234.jpg

Finally, to compared the scale to the RPF run from a few years ago, you can see ours is much smaller based on the found pen light part.

http://scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/yoda/yodaproto/20171201_152144.jpg

Interestingly the proportions are very similar, except my reference doesn't show the tapers in the sections like the previous run interpretations. From what I can see in the images I have access to, the sections are just straight cuts. So we went that direction.

So there's the part/story and the prototype. Hope you guys like it!

Oh... production LEDs will be warm white to match the screen used reference.

http://scottandtemphotography.com/graflexSaber/yoda/yoda_run3.jpg

So much to like here. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott, amazing as always! U never let me down!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back