1:1 Scale Snowspeeder (T-47 Airspeeder) build.

that reminds me how much more solid this build is,

The metalic looking inserts in the side panels in the ESB build are possibly made of shiny sided bscking csrd.... thusly -

Attachments

• 2424edit1.jpg
    2424edit1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • ESB shiny card 1.jpg
    ESB shiny card 1.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 38
I wonder what happened to all the full size speeders? Do we know how many were made?

View attachment 1814008

My guess is that only 2 or 3 were made, and only one survived. It was on display for years at the Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, FL. It was out in the sun and heat and rain every day... at one point (? mid 200s?) I remember it was refurbished or at least repainted. But I haven't seen it in years.

15af7-john-rotan19904fbb.jpg

1714311199355.png

Story and more pics here

Last edited:
I agree. But I am building for longevity. So my wife can bury me in it :)..
and suddenly the total cost is actually a discount compared to current casket prices ..... BUT.... brother, the cost of the oversized hole!!! And my convo would have gone like this, "But babe, it doubles as my casket, right?" My wife, "Well, ya, because I will kill you if you force me to park outside the garage for another day."

Maybe but they might be a bit big based on the size of the snaps. I think the same or similar greeblie is on the cannon bulkhead too. Hard to say.
View attachment 1817784
Do you use a scale/measurement app? Sorry if I asked already. I use an app that allows you to assign a known length to an item in the picture and then be able to use in app rulers to measure other items. As long as you are careful to only measure items in the same plane/angle, it is very accurate. Perspective is the killer when you switch planes from the known measurement. But with this view, a known length for that flat rectangle's edge would be in the same plane as the faces of all the parts facing toward the camera. You could get accurate radii on all of those round parts and lengths on the flats.

Do you use a scale/measurement app? Sorry if I asked already. I use an app that allows you to assign a known length to an item in the picture and then be able to use in app rulers to measure other items. As long as you are careful to only measure items in the same plane/angle, it is very accurate. Perspective is the killer when you switch planes from the known measurement. But with this view, a known length for that flat rectangle's edge would be in the same plane as the faces of all the parts facing toward the camera. You could get accurate radii on all of those round parts and lengths on the flats.
I dont. Can you recommend one? I have just discovered that Gus Lopez owns one of the original cannons! I reached out to him and he is going the get me a few measurements. This info will be too late but it will be an interesting exercise in see how close i am. He did confirm the use of the slide projector cartridge.

I dont. Can you recommend one? I have just discovered that Gus Lopez owns one of the original cannons! I reached out to him and he is going the get me a few measurements. This info will be too late but it will be an interesting exercise in see how close i am. He did confirm the use of the slide projector cartridge.
I use a free app called Imagemeter. I will try to get an app download link. Here are my info pics and one example of using it for the name tape and font sizes for Quint from jaws. I have the same military coat and provided my own base pocket measurement to start.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240507-144258_ImageMeter.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507-144258_ImageMeter.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240507-144317_ImageMeter.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507-144317_ImageMeter.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240507-144400_ImageMeter.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507-144400_ImageMeter.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 19
Google app store has this currently, ImageMeter uploaded by Dirk Farin. The funny part is that is my review that shows up. And I have never used its bluetooth actual laser measurement addition, so I guess it does a lot more than I use it for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240507-144904_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507-144904_Google Play Store.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 13
Google app store has this currently, ImageMeter uploaded by Dirk Farin. The funny part is that is my review that shows up. And I have never used its bluetooth actual laser measurement addition, so I guess it does a lot more than I use it for.
Great app, i will certainly get that. Is that Quin Jacket an M51 issue? Very cool.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back