1:3 stormtrooper sculpt FINISHED see page 10 !

Having bought the TMG mini helmet myself, I was thinking about maybe sculpting something similar to this myself. You obvioulsy beat me to it, and did a great job on this!

What references did you use, pics only or some 1:1 armor parts as well? It's very close to the real deal in many places, not so much in others.

hi i mainly used picture reference like i said at the begininng i have not sculpted anything for 10 years so all in all i am very pleased with how it came out,it never was going to be 100% accurate. Nothing to stop you sculpting your own version?

Having bought the TMG mini helmet myself, I was thinking about maybe sculpting something similar to this myself. You obvioulsy beat me to it, and did a great job on this!

What references did you use, pics only or some 1:1 armor parts as well? It's very close to the real deal in many places, not so much in others.

Nothing to stop you sculpting your own version?

Yeah, there is: lack of real sculpting talent and mostly experience. Last things I sculpted were edible marzipan figurines... ;)

You sure did one helluva job on this. 100% accurate, no (dude, how could it be? You're no laser scanner...), but definitely 100% pure awesomeness. :)

It is very inspiring...maybe I will try one myself some day. ANH all the way, of course.

it was hard work and no where near as easy as i thought it would be but worth every second in the end :)

Yeah, there is: lack of real sculpting talent and mostly experience. Last things I sculpted were edible marzipan figurines... ;)

You sure did one helluva job on this. 100% accurate, no (dude, how could it be? You're no laser scanner...), but definitely 100% pure awesomeness. :)

It is very inspiring...maybe I will try one myself some day. ANH all the way, of course.

Re: 1:3 stormtrooper sculpt wip trooper armour advice needed

wOULD A STANDARD SIZE BOTTLE OF WINE DO?
001-14.jpg

Such is the astounding level of detail in this sculpt......I actually think that you realised early on, that it was easier to build a full size suit on a shop mannequin, and just sculpt a HUGE wine bottle to stand next to it!:lol:lol

Seriously though, what an incredibly beautiful build. I think I need to aim a little higher than cereal boxes and Toilet roll tubes!!

Re: 1:3 stormtrooper sculpt wip trooper armour advice needed

I just make it up as i go along i am not really a true sculpter :) You should have a go you might suprise yourself i did :)
cheers

Such is the astounding level of detail in this sculpt......I actually think that you realised early on, that it was easier to build a full size suit on a shop mannequin, and just sculpt a HUGE wine bottle to stand next to it!:lol:lol

Seriously though, what an incredibly beautiful build. I think I need to aim a little higher than cereal boxes and Toilet roll tubes!!

i cannot wait to get my hands on this Rob you did a great Job.

so when people ask, what do i say it is ............... i know its a Stormtrooper but does it have a special name yet

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back