1/350 TOS E is happening.

I have a near 300 dollar sucking wound in my paypal account, still. And to all a good night!

Moffeaton,

Don't dispair....Bad cutomer service aside....I'm very certain eventually you'll get your refund since I'm sure these guys aren't out to high tail it out of town with anyones money.....although I know it still sucks to have your money tied up all this time.

Moffeaton,

Don't dispair....Bad cutomer service aside....I'm very certain eventually you'll get your refund since I'm sure these guys aren't out to high tail it out of town with anyones money.....although I know it still sucks to have your money tied up all this time.

I would agree. I'm sure you will be refunded. If not from Autoworld, from PayPal.

This kit really looks like a fun build and I plan on getting one or two for the future but hoping that sales on this really prompt Polar Lights to do a large(ish) scale Enterprise D kit.

So I again called Autoworld about my accessory kit and refund for expedited shipping that caused my premier kit to be delayed 2 weeks. I told them they had till tomorrow to ship it or I was going to PayPal regardless. I got my refund and my stuff has shipped. Actually on its way,shows as moved from one sort facility to another, no 'The sender notified the USPS blah,blah. Probably be here Saturday.:) I guess I should be grateful as my refit and lighting got pulled from the closet (where they have been since 2005) and is nearly built and ready for putty sand before primer. The TOS will still be done first:lol

It is a nice kit. Overall they did a great job on it. I have all three 1/350 sitting behind me, the TOS, NX, and refit, all waiting to go

Last edited:
Should the LEDs on the board be flush? On one they are and on the other, not a single one. I JUST got this from the Starship Modeler store, having gotten my Autoworld refund.

L1120945.jpg

Hey, it's easily a third of the price it'd be if it was fan made, so I'm not knocking it. Besides the fact that post Autoworld, something like this made me want to punch a baby in the gut!

Mine are varied all over the place, with some quite tall. But when I seated it to the back of the plate, it seem to seat fully (whew).

100_0102_zps37df8e53.jpg

Something that did just occur to me. Where my high-set LEDs did seat into the back plate fine, I will have to see if the stems on the 'light bulbs' will seat all the way. The stems may have to be shortened. I hope this does not cause too wide a variance between their intensity and color.

For long term reliability of the LEDs it is best to have them raised like that when they soldered them otherwise too much heat could damage the anode/cathodes and shorten lifespan or just kill them.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back