Done / Completed Accurate BTTF Marty McFly Denim Guess Jacket

Nick has actually managed to gain the attention of Guess with his online social media. It's literally the first time the company has even acknowledged the existence of this jacket.
Is he collaborating with them on this run? Because I don’t see how that has any relevance to this run. Would be amazing to see guess do it but I’m talking about this run right here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he collaborating with them on this run?
I doubt he is collaborating directly with Guess but the fact that they are acknowledging the jacket/commenting on his video could mean they may be planning on doing a re release of the jacket or possibly a limited BTTF Collab re release? whatever it may be, I would like to see a decent Jacket from either party.

Is he collaborating with them on this run? Because I don’t see how that has any relevance to this run. Would be amazing to see guess do it but I’m talking about this run right here.
Yes!, an official Guess re-release would be amazing wouldn’t it?
How does it have any relevance? Have you watched his videos?
It was actually because of this very interest thread and the exact Guess jacket in Nick’s first post that he caught Guess’s attention and acknowledgement, No previous run of this jacket has ever managed to do this, not HeadGoonie, not Magnoli, not MaxCady, nobody…Those are all great replicas and all but none are perfect or 100% screen accurate so why not keep trying? And none of those makers had the potential of possibly inspiring Guess to officially reproduce them again. Whether Nick does his own private run, Guess does a reproduction, or they even work together on a re-release this is already looking very promising.
Infact if you know anything about the mystery surrounding this jacket many fans have claimed it wasn’t from guess, it was custom made by the costume dept, or it was a custom design from Georges Marcaino himself for the film, or that the costume dept. combined a vest and jacket sleeves to make it, ect, ect, ect. The theories and rumours go on and on.
But about 10 of these exact vintage Guess jackets have been found in the wild over the years, all in youth sizes. We do know the sleeve liner was definitely a custom addition along with the Hollywood movie star liner and interior pockets.
So Guess has finally acknowledged the Jacket from the film. And even though we pretty much already knew for a fact they produced it, at least it’s finally been somewhat confirmed so we can finally put a rest to all those theories and rumours.

Last edited:
It was actually because of this very interest thread and the exact Guess jacket in Nick’s first post that he caught Guess’s attention and acknowledgement, No previous run of this jacket has ever managed to do this, not HeadGoonie, not Magnoli, not MaxCady, nobody…
Infact if you know anything about the mystery surrounding this jacket many fans have claimed it wasn’t from guess, it was custom made by the costume dept, or it was a custom design made by Heorges Marcaino himself for the film, or that the costume dept. combined a vest and jacket sleeves to make it, ect, ect, ect. The theories and rumours go on and on.
But almost 10 of these exact vintage Guess jackets have been found in the wild over the years, all in youth sizes. We do know the sleeve liner was definitely a custom addition along with the Hollywood movie star liner and interior pockets.
So Guess has finally acknowledged the Jacket from the film. And even though we pretty much already knew this for a fact, at least it’s been somewhat confirmed so we can finally put a rest to all those theories and rumours.
I don’t think you get it. I’m saying what does Guess commenting have to do with this run? Are they somehow going to be involved in sourcing materials for this? Will there be a collaboration between them? I don’t think so.

It’s nice they commented it but I’m specifically asking what does that have to do with this project run being completed and more accurate than other people who have made jackets.

I’m sure the others you have mentioned have sourced vintage jackets and we still haven’t got one 100 % right and that’s with them having years of trying and searching for similar materials.

I’d love to be proven wrong but I’d be surprised if he were to somehow get it right on the first try just because he has that jacket.

It was actually because of this very interest thread and the exact Guess jacket in Nick’s first post that he caught Guess’s attention and acknowledgement, No previous run of this jacket has ever managed to do this, not HeadGoonie, not Magnoli, not MaxCady, nobody…
Infact if you know anything about the mystery surrounding this jacket many fans have claimed it wasn’t from guess, it was custom made by the costume dept, or it was a custom design from Georges Marcaino himself for the film, or that the costume dept. combined a vest and jacket sleeves to make it, ect, ect, ect. The theories and rumours go on and on.
But about 10 of these exact vintage Guess jackets have been found in the wild over the years, all in youth sizes. We do know the sleeve liner was definitely a custom addition along with the Hollywood movie star liner and interior pockets.
So Guess has finally acknowledged the Jacket from the film. And even though we pretty much already knew for a fact they produced it, at least it’s been somewhat confirmed so we can finally put a rest to all those theories and rumours.
And yes I have seen his videos. I saw one where he made an accurate vest. Only thing is he used a Class 5 sleeping bag or something so unless he’s making these jackets with old guess jackets then I figure it won’t be the same as that. He’ll have to start from scratch.

Actually, I don’t think you get. Read my post again. It’s not about him having a jacket, or Guess commenting on his social media. Yes none of the previous replicas are 100% screen accurate, so why not keep trying?…
If you have nothing nice to say then why say anything at all? Didn’t your mother ever teach you that? You’re such a naysayer, why?…
There actually is a potential collaboration here, crazier things have happened!
I met the guy who was responsible for getting Madrid to officially re-release the Valterra skateboard, he worked with them to make it happen and as accurate as possible.
This could end up being a similar situation here. But even if not, Nick knows his stuff regarding Marty’s costume and this run has a lot of promise regardless if it’s a private run.

Last edited:
Actually, I don’t think you get. Read my post again. It’s not about him having a jacket, or Guess commenting on his social media.
But there actually is a potential collaboration here, crazier things have happened!
I met the guy who was responsible for getting Madrid to officially re-release the Madrid Valterra skateboard, he worked with them to make it happen and as accurate as possible.
This could end up being a similar situation here. But even if not, Nick knows his stuff regarding Marty’s costume and this run has a lot of promise regardless if it’s a private run.
I do get it. You’re excited about the Guess comment but I was talking about this run specifically. If they somehow collaborate which I doubt then Guess would release that jacket and not this thread.

I just have my doubts that this run will be better than the other jacket makers who have had years of trying to source materials just because he has that jacket. Now if he were to offer a service for people that already have vintage guess jackets and wanted to take them apart to create a new one like he did with his class 5 vest that’d be different. The only reason that one is accurate is because he used actual Class 5 materials and not just the size reference from one he already owned in a different color I believe.

Admittedly, It is a tad exciting for people who have been chasing after this jacket for years.
The potential alone!
But just to explain a little here, this particular interest thread was actually started before he gained the attention of Guess, so yes the direction of the project may have actually changed since this thread started. And honestly, I hope it has. But like I said, this project has promise regardless if it ends up being a normal private run on the RPF without Any involvement from Guess. Nick really does know his stuff and I for one am following this project closely.

This is a mammoth task to take on, especially if you are aiming for extreme screen accuracy, which I hope you are. In that case my hat is off to you sir.

I also am interested, pending a sample of finished product.

Are people still being added to the interest list? I’m in if so. Still Interested to see how this turns out.

Last edited:
I recently was fortunate enough to obtain the same style of jacket used by the production of Back to the Future in the wrong color, which you can see here:

View attachment 1615423

I’ve already meticulously measured this to create a 1-to-1 pattern and am in talks with a cut and sew shop to both grade the pattern from XS-XXL as well as to make some small number of these in the proper colors.

There are features of this jacket that have just never been matched before in a replica and I want to fix that once and for all.

The pricing is highly dependent on how many people are interested, but we’d be looking in the $500-750 range most likely due to the small run nature of this.

If interested, let me know your size as that will help prioritize the development of other pattern grades.

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)
I’m very interested! I think for accuracy’s sake and since it’s a baggy bomber style jacket, I’d be a Small.

I’m also interested in either a small or medium depending on the chest measurements. Also it’s very exciting you managed to get the attention of Guess! Even if they don’t fully understand it yet and some intern just commented “backtothefuture2022” as that was a trending hashtag at the time… the fact it is now on their radar with so many people tagging them can hopefully lead to the holy grail!

I would be down for one, let me know if and when you are ready to take orders, I'd take a large one.

I recently was fortunate enough to obtain the same style of jacket used by the production of Back to the Future in the wrong color, which you can see here:

View attachment 1615423

I’ve already meticulously measured this to create a 1-to-1 pattern and am in talks with a cut and sew shop to both grade the pattern from XS-XXL as well as to make some small number of these in the proper colors.

There are features of this jacket that have just never been matched before in a replica and I want to fix that once and for all.

The pricing is highly dependent on how many people are interested, but we’d be looking in the $500-750 range most likely due to the small run nature of this.

If interested, let me know your size as that will help prioritize the development of other pattern grades.

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)
If this is a medium and for sale...I will buy it for $1,000.00

If this is a medium and for sale...I will buy it for $1,000.00
I can see you signed up to the RPF just to post this question, there is a reason you can't post in the junkyard yet and you definitely shouldn't be attempting to publicly solicit sales in other people's interest threads of all things, maybe a private message would be more appropriate but again there is a reason new members can't post in the sales threads. Furthermore if you don't know what an interest thread is then let me explain; The owner of this jacket has plans for it and he may have already invested over $1,000 into replicating it. The jacket may not even be in his posession at the moment, it may also have already been completely disassembled in order to recreate an accurate pattern. Of course having said all that it may still be for sale after he's done with it for all I know, but I would assume Nick will want to keep the original Guess jacket. These things are rare and nearly impossible to find, even in the wrong colors.

Last edited:

View attachment 1615423

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)
I'm interested in a small or medium

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back