Done / Completed Accurate BTTF Marty McFly Denim Guess Jacket

Seems like he either lost interest in the project, or bit off more than he could chew. Either way it’s kind of low to not respond at all when he got people’s hopes up and made a whole interest list.

Seems like he either lost interest in the project, or bit off more than he could chew. Either way it’s kind of low to not respond at all when he got people’s hopes up and made a whole interest list.
No one tagged me or responded to any of my posts so I never got notified.

Seems like you all have been having fun in my absence.

I got the pattern graded in size before I had to take a pause. I was burning the candle at both ends in my life and big projects like this just ate up time I didn’t have and was - quite frankly - having a really big negative impact on my mental health.

I will come back to this but take issue with calling this “low.” I’m just a guy who is passionate about something, not a professional shop. Had anyone tagged me here I would have come by and explained sooner.

I never take money from anyone on a project until I’m ready to ship specifically because stuff like this happens.

TL;DR: Sorry I haven’t updated you, but CHILL.

No one tagged me or responded to any of my posts so I never got notified.

Seems like you all have been having fun in my absence.

I got the pattern graded in size before I had to take a pause. I was burning the candle at both ends in my life and big projects like this just ate up time I didn’t have and was - quite frankly - having a really big negative impact on my mental health.

I will come back to this but take issue with calling this “low.” I’m just a guy who is passionate about something, not a professional shop. Had anyone tagged me here I would have come by and explained sooner.

I never take money from anyone on a project until I’m ready to ship specifically because stuff like this happens.

TL;DR: Sorry I haven’t updated you, but CHILL.
You don’t get notifications for replies to your own created thread? That’s strange. Hate to be devil’s advocate, but it would be standard to at least check one’s post about a project more than once every 6 months. It’s good to know that it is still being worked on though.

Last edited:
You don’t get notifications for replies to your own created thread? That’s strange. Hate to be devil’s advocate, but it would be standard to at least check one’s post about a project more than once every 6 months. It’s good to know that it is still being worked on though.
I largely haven’t even been on the site in that time unless I was getting a notification or was prompted by someone telling me to check something.

I cannot overstate enough how bad my mental health had gotten before I had to pause. If the choice is checking a forum for a thing that I hadn’t taken money for or taking time to focus on my health, I will take the second, unapologetically every time.

Try to appreciate that there is a person behind the screen.

Last edited:
I recently was fortunate enough to obtain the same style of jacket used by the production of Back to the Future in the wrong color, which you can see here:

View attachment 1615423

I’ve already meticulously measured this to create a 1-to-1 pattern and am in talks with a cut and sew shop to both grade the pattern from XS-XXL as well as to make some small number of these in the proper colors.

There are features of this jacket that have just never been matched before in a replica and I want to fix that once and for all.

The pricing is highly dependent on how many people are interested, but we’d be looking in the $500-750 range most likely due to the small run nature of this.

If interested, let me know your size as that will help prioritize the development of other pattern grades.

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)

I recently was fortunate enough to obtain the same style of jacket used by the production of Back to the Future in the wrong color, which you can see here:

View attachment 1615423

I’ve already meticulously measured this to create a 1-to-1 pattern and am in talks with a cut and sew shop to both grade the pattern from XS-XXL as well as to make some small number of these in the proper colors.

There are features of this jacket that have just never been matched before in a replica and I want to fix that once and for all.

The pricing is highly dependent on how many people are interested, but we’d be looking in the $500-750 range most likely due to the small run nature of this.

If interested, let me know your size as that will help prioritize the development of other pattern grades.

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)
I will pay you $1,000 for this jacket! I had one like it in high school and my ex-wife gave it away when we were in college. email me...selliott1970@yahoo.com

I can see you signed up to the RPF just to post this question, there is a reason you can't post in the junkyard yet and you definitely shouldn't be attempting to publicly solicit sales in other people's interest threads of all things, maybe a private message would be more appropriate but again there is a reason new members can't post in the sales threads. Furthermore if you don't know what an interest thread is then let me explain; The owner of this jacket has plans for it and he may have already invested over $1,000 into replicating it. The jacket may not even be in his possession at the moment, it may also have already been completely disassembled in order to recreate an accurate pattern.

Not looking for a replica. How much?
Get it through your head, Nick has clearly stated his Jacket is NOT for sale. TWICE!
mine is not for sale.
As I said. Mine is not for sale.

Lol, it's not going to happen bud! Mission failed, give it up already.

View attachment 1615423

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)

View attachment 1615423

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back