Interest Accurate Viral Joker Card Boxes

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm planning on doing a run of accurate boxes for the joker viral deck benhs1898 offered here a while ago. These cards came with a box, but this box:

1. Is too big for the set of cards.
2. Doesn't have the correct colors of the real viral deck boxes.
3. Folds the wrong way on the bottom, compared to the real viral deck boxes.
4. The glue is a bit sloppy on these boxes.

So I will be offering a box that fit's nicely, folds the correct way, has a nice clean "gluing-job" and has much more accurate colors. I already had a box made in the colors of the Joker deck from the Poker set. I reacreated all patterns from scratch in illustrator, so the print is nice and sharp. Printing is done by a playing card manufacurer, so the cardboard boxes have a nice professional finish. In attachment a picture of the Poker set box next to benhs1898's box so you can see the difference in height. Also a close-up of the poker box, and there is also a picture of ben's box next to a real viral box. I'll try to mimic the colors of the real viral box as close as I can based on different pictures. If somebody has a real viral box and can provide me with a scan of the front and side of the box, that would be very helpful do determine the exact colors, and I will offer this person a free replica box for the help.

Price of these boxes will be €15 for one box, including shipping. €10 for all additional boxes. Please express your interest here. I have the pattern ready, just have to replace the colors with the ones from the viral deck, and I can place the order at the card-making company.

Interest List:
gregday
mbmcfarland
Mydnyghte
Andymac84
ajhix
benhs1898

Attachments

• 881119IMG0433.jpg
    881119IMG0433.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Dsc_0565.jpg
    Dsc_0565.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Dsc_0566.jpg
    Dsc_0566.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Thanks for the interest guys. I'll defenitely order a few of these boxes. At this moment I'll go with pictures of a real viral deck for reference, but a scan of a real box would defenitely help to get the colors as close as possible. I'll try to contact some RPF members who have a viral deck to see if one of them is willing to scan the front and side of the box.

Just got a PM from an owner of a viral deck that will provide me with scans to get the color as accurate as possible. If more people are interested in a box, just drop a reply here...

Still waiting for scans of an actual box. Once I have these, the boxes can be made. I'll ask for payment once I have the boxes in had. I'll order a few more than the ones ordered here. After that I won't offer them again...

Still waiting for the scans :(. I'll send a reminder to the guy who promised me the scans. These will happen for sure, just waiting for the correct colors....

Got in the scans just a minute ago! I should be able to have the colors as correct as possible right now. Also the lids of the boxes will be updated so they are red, just like the real boxes (in the Poker Set boxes, the lids are just white).

I'm just back from a week in Switzerland. I'll take this up this week. Got the correct color scheme already, now just finishing the design and send it over to the card making company. The boxes come flat but glued already. Only thing you have to do is "open" the box up and fold the top and bottom parts. Very easy to do, since the folding lines are already there.

Just got some more info about the inner lids of the boxes (it's only a detail, and these lids are not visible when closed, but it is nice to have this accurate as well). I'm going to try to have the design send over to the printing company this weekend. I'll keep you all updated. I'll probably order a few extra then the number of people who expressed interest here...

Almost done with the design I guess I'll be ordering 15 or 20 of these, and offer what's left in the junkyard. When they're gone, they're gone...

Order is placed for 15 boxes. I guess they will arrive here in two weeks. People who expressed interest here can have one (or multiple) for sure. I'll keep 2 or 3 boxes for myself. I'll post pictures of the boxes once they are here and send out payment details to people who expressed interest here. I hope the color is as close as possible to the real viral boxes, but off course it won't be a 100% match. The box of the poker set was very close to the original color, though, so if the viral boxes are as close as the poker boxes, I'd be very happy...

These are in production. Once I got the message they are shipped to me, I'll let it know here...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back