Alien Romulus Pulse Rifle?

C035F5CA-801C-4953-B921-F0D2374FF26E.jpeg

Sideshow claims the HCG is 28 inches long.

Inspired by the Double Burner?

Sideshow claims the HCG is 28 inches long.
If that's the case then this is a comparison of the sizes of the M41A and F44AA. First one is with M41A stock retracted and second is with M41A stock extended (pos 3). Bottom pic is the metal and actual firing airsoft AEG Snow Wolf M41A, flipped, so the digital ammo counter is on the other side..

I guess the size of barrel is about 15-20% smaller than the M41A. Interestingly, you would have trouble using the carrying handle of the F44aa using gloves.

43QfK0g.jpg

qJGO8iR.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I can't say anything about accuracy yet without checking it against screenshots, but "neebick" is my favorite person on the internet right now for letting us download it as a .step file! Not only does that mean customization (i.e. to add a flashlight etc.), but also being able to have parts CNC-machined if you want a working stock mechanism!

Cheers!
Roman

Geez, he's even got a stencil for the numbers and wings. I like that the targeting screen comes up, though can't tell if there's a mechanism to pop it up or it just flips up. Watching the AWESOME video, I think it just hinges up and down some how: no button release.
I don't like that the handle is in pieces. He says it's for easier printing, which makes sense. But being that that part needs to be sturdy, maybe it doesn't make sense. I'd prefer a solid long piece. Or maybe get it CNC-machined, as Roman mentioned! :)
The HCG one should copy his "Reciever Detail" (the lined, 2-dot thingie on the sides of the mag well): their's looks like something I did. ;P
So how do you get this printed if you don't have a 3D printer (or know $#!t about 3D printing)? Or do we just wait until someone here with a resin printer decides to make them available?
And has anyone sourced the cable yet? I can't see using a printed one. It looks like metal electrical conduit I've seen used in crawl spaces or ceilings.
Chris

Last edited:
The stuff I was thinking of is "Metallic Flexible Conduit." From what I could find, they have sizes as low as 3/8", which I'm guessing is what's on the F44. At Home Despot and BLowes (hardware super stores in the USA) looks like the smallest length is 25' but I swear I remember them having it on a spool where you could buy it by the foot (for those of us that don't need 25').

Here's a link to the Home Despot stuff for $25.70 for $25' (BLowes has the same brand). Next time there I'll see what it looks like in person and if they still have the by-the-foot-spools:
Southwire 3/8 in. x 25 ft. Alflex RWA Metallic Aluminum Flexible Conduit 55082021 - The Home Depot

Hope this all helps. :)
Chris
ConduitExmpl.jpg

Regarding the white, i´m starting to paint mine, and i was not sure if i should use pure white, or bone white for the main color, it´s quite different from one reference to another, any thoughs on this?

I think it's like the ALIENS Pulse Rifle... it's Brown Bess color, but under the blue lighting of the movie, it looked olive drab-ish, via yellow (brown) + blue = green (olive).

There's a couple display photos... not sure the lighting on those. And then the HCG "clean" version (again, who knows what lighting they used). I'd just average all that you've seen plus the movie stills and pick your white. If you add grease and grime, it's probably gonna change the white anyways.

It's yours. So whatever you decide will be right. :)

You might want to also look at some of the props from the first movie shown off-screen (displays, behind the scenes) as I believe most were white (specifically the flamer). That might give you another take, since it's supposed to be from the same universe, though Romulus was a little later in the timeline. It's pretty clear that Weyland Yutani LOVES their white! ;)

Also, finally made it to Home Despot... no conduit by the foot, but they did have the rolls (locked behind some gates, not sure how anyone could shoplift a roll). An option for this might also be to go to any construction sites (probably buildings) and dumpster dive. We only need, what? 1.5 feet"?

Back