Question anyone else getting a virus warning while visiting the site today?

Holy Crap, that SUCKS! :unsure

Do you think the problems the site was having had anything to do with your crash, or was it just pure coincidence?

I can't be sure, but my computer was working fine, and it crashed when I visited the board (blue screen etc...). I can't start it anymore :( Tried to boot it with the windows CD to reinstall Windows, but it doesnt work, the hard drives look to be out.

that stinks...GET TO work on that star destroyer..lol

Lee, I wish I could but I've lost all my ref pics and all my drawings, all the work I did over the past 5 years !

Lee, I wish I could but I've lost all my ref pics and all my drawings, all the work I did over the past 5 years !

I HIGHLY doubt that! Take a deep breath...

Chances are probably 90% in your favor that you can simply slave your drive on a working system and move the files to that system... The only exception would be if the drive failed itself, then it could be a little more complicated but generally not impossible...

An external USB enclosure for a few bucks is an easy way to slave the drive, if you don't want to physically plug it into the inside of another system...

OH and BTW, Hard drives and optical storage are cheap, BACKUP!

I had a similar catastrophe a while back and I was able to recovery most of my data using this free software....

Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD.

pebuilder.jpg

Burn it and just boot from your disk drive and you should be able to salvage your data...if it's still there.

If it is in fact a virus, you can boot from the BartPE disk into Safe Mode and run your Anti Virus/Malware as well.

Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD

My computer just crashed as well. Don't know if it's related, but man this sucks. I've been getting the same warnings the past couple of days so Ive had to visit using my iPhone.

I HIGHLY doubt that! Take a deep breath...

Chances are probably 90% in your favor that you can simply slave your drive on a working system and move the files to that system... The only exception would be if the drive failed itself, then it could be a little more complicated but generally not impossible...

An external USB enclosure for a few bucks is an easy way to slave the drive, if you don't want to physically plug it into the inside of another system...

OH and BTW, Hard drives and optical storage are cheap, BACKUP!

I had a similar catastrophe a while back and I was able to recovery most of my data using this free software....

Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD.

pebuilder.jpg

Burn it and just boot from your disk drive and you should be able to salvage your data...if it's still there.

If it is in fact a virus, you can boot from the BartPE disk into Safe Mode and run your Anti Virus/Malware as well.

Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD

Thank you both for the advices ! Gonna try that tomorrow Nox, I'll let you know if it works ! :)

I know that hard drives are cheap, that's the worse thing... I have a backup hard drive but always thought I could do the backup at a later date... :cry

You gave me good hope guys, thanks ! I hope it will work !

@VashDstampede : I'm sorry for you mate...

Thank you both for the advices ! Gonna try that tomorrow Nox, I'll let you know if it works ! :)
Good luck, I hope it works out. :thumbsup

If it is a virus and you have trouble running your preexisting AV in Safe Mode, just add an AV to the BartPE disk when you burn it and run it off there.

I also want to thank Montagar and Tyler Durden for helping ferret out the source of this issue along with Exoray and a number of others who posted in this thread. I was unavailable when this hit and these guys really stepped up and helped out!

I don't seem to be having a problem. At all. Not yesterday, not today. I've gotten zero warnings. The only thing I've got going is that "Enable Adblock Plus" is on, perhaps that is what is helping?
I made essentially the same comment yesterday. Even if the RPF is now fixed, anyone using Firefox might want to consider installing the Adblock Plus extension. Could save you a lot of grief in the future.

well lucky for me my anti-virus program and Mozilla Firefox both worked with each other to help me be safe. And to who ever was the inconsiderate one who done this to us...

It is time......
Execute order 66!

IDK about you guys but I'm no longer getting the message and I never unblocked it.
Looks like it's fixed.

EDIT, whoops, I need to read more

Re: RPF flagged as UNSAFE WEBSITE?

Yeah well...
My computer has whatever was downloaded- "Security Tool"
How the hell do I get rid of it? :angry
I don't have an anti-virus. I just have Malwarebytes.
I ran a scan in safe mode (which I'm in right now). It found the infected object- removed it. However when I restarted my computer it was back again.
Kevin
Go get avast antivirus and do a boot scan. You can't fully remove a virus that's already loaded in start-up.

I got the warnings in Firefox and didn't dismiss them. I tried the site in IE-32 and IE-64, and got the Java popup thing, but nothing else seemed to happen. Ran the Malwarebytes software and it didn't find anything, so I guess I'm ok. That was certainly a weird few days, though.

I got the warnings in Firefox and didn't dismiss them. I tried the site in IE-32 and IE-64, and got the Java popup thing, but nothing else seemed to happen. Ran the Malwarebytes software and it didn't find anything, so I guess I'm ok. That was certainly a weird few days, though.
Same here, minus running Firefox. I did not have a single infection. The site just ran tediously slow every time a Javascript popup would rear its head.

Wow I installed Adblock Plus yesterday and finally got rid of most of the annoying ads on the sites that I visit regularly. So from this nasty inconvenience came out something even more beautiful ... no more disturbing ads which also slow down the upload speed.

Thanks rkpetersen,

-Chaim

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back