Apollo 1:1 Hatch Replica

Buy now for 599 USD
You don't have the permission to purchase
This listing is for a 1:1 scale replica of the hatch window from the Apollo Block II spacecraft. The Block II hatch was used in all manned flights of the Apollo program (the Block I version was abandoned after its poor design contributed to the deaths of the Apollo 1 crew).

This replica was made by Concord Aerospace, using the same methods and materials used to craft the original spacecraft components. The primary frame is made of solid aluminum, which has been machined/sandblasted, and then powder-coated with an accurate yellow finish. All of the added hardware (nearly 100 screws/bolts/mounting brackets) are made of stainless steel. The window itself is formed from double-pane polycarbonate windows, with a custom-injected silicone seal. The Apollo 8 "Earthrise" photo is included by default, but you can swap in a different photo if you prefer another image. The mounting hardware allows for the window to be displayed horizontally, vertically, or at a 4.5-degree angle to match the angle of the Apollo hatch relative to the crew seats. The item measures 16" x 16", and weighs over 11 pounds.

Because of the complexity required to craft these, the lead time is very, very long. Concord Aerospace doesn't advertise this fact, but the wait time can be troubling. This particular item took 17 months to arrive (I ordered it in June 2022, and it arrived in November 2023). I know of several people who ordered one around the same time, who still haven't received them. So this is a great way to get one immediately, without having to worry.

This is still in the original box. By the time it arrived, I'd lost my job and I have to move into a much smaller location, so I no longer have room to display this. So it's new and unused.

US Shipping is $45 for this item. For international orders, please contact me in advance for a shipping quote. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you for viewing this listing!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5130h.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back