Batman Begins/The Dark Knight linked belt project *NEW DIRECTION AND PICS PAGE 3*

Just a small update - I've gone to separating the runners from the links... still have 2 of the back plates to go. But now what would have been a belt made of 45 pieces is now gonna be 85 pieces... and that's not including the accessories or hardware.

Just a small update - I've gone to separating the runners from the links... still have 2 of the back plates to go. But now what would have been a belt made of 45 pieces is now gonna be 85 pieces... and that's not including the accessories or hardware.

Well...I did always like LEGOs :)...

Well...I did always like LEGOs :)...

Lol :thumbsup

The number of pieces does sound scary but there's definitely a huge benefit to making the runners separate. Just more work on the front end when molding/casting. Separate runners take the work away from something like masking or trying to paint or pigment within the lines... which amount to more work during the finishing stage and possibly a less desirable finish.

Looks like its been abandonded

Master - I say patience

Doh, wrong film :behave

The work going into the belt has just increased massivley!! And I assume that casting an extra 40 teeny-tiny bespoke pieces isn't exactly something that gives you a pan-handle lol!!

The number of pieces does sound scary but there's definitely a huge benefit to making the runners separate. Just more work on the front end when molding/casting. Separate runners take the work away from something like masking or trying to paint or pigment within the lines... which amount to more work during the finishing stage and possibly a less desirable finish.

Extra work but when you have come this close to perfection it has to be carried through - no chance of pesky paint bleeds - having seperate runners will make the belt look 'machined' :love

Take your time bro - gotta get it right

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back