Beginner's Grail Diary (Printable Pages + Inserts)

I always wished it was easier for starting diary makers to get desired inserts (official and fan made) so I'm just gonna dump my entire file of inserts
Celeste Conway
Raider of the Doomed Crusade

EDIT:
I've removed these inserts as I feel uncomfortable sharing these inserts as they are other people's work and I've forgotten to properly credit them so I don't feel right freely giving them compared to my own work in the Signatures, if you still wish to get a hold of my collection of inserts request an invite to the Archive Google Drive.

Hi there all. I hope this okay to do here.

I downloaded the 10 signatures from Celeste (thank you so much) and found the transcription from Marc Kitter online. Since I read that it's not their Native language I went through it and revised some of the grammatical errors from the 1st signature.

So what I did to make it easier for my 1st go at a Grail diary...is combine the revised transcription with the correct spacing of the sentences and the photos and such from Celeste's Signature into a combined document. Now I can look at one source (since I'm writing my Grail diary by hand) instead of the handwriting from Celeste's and Marc's transcription separately. I found that Marc had not transcribed 3 of the pages in Celeste's 1st signature (at least they were not in the same order as Celeste's pages. They may show up later in Marc's transcription.) from the page describing the Stone fallen from Heaven to the picture of Galahad. I've transcribed and added those pages in the file with the photos spaced correctly (these appear in blue font).

I also took some liberty with the pages at the beginning since there is a blank page in Celeste's 1st Signature. I spaced Henry Jones signature and the quote over two pages (I liked the look of this). And also, the page with the Latin and the translation below it...neither was the exact translation for the other. I took the English translation that Marc had and translated it into Latin, then used that as the Latin script so that they would accurately be translated back and fourth.

I hope it's okay to take two peoples previous works and make a combined work on here (since I'm newer to the forums (posting anyway)). If this is something that other people can use please let me know and as I go I will add the PDF of each signature.

Here is the 1st signature as it stands now. Please let me know what you think and thank you all for your posts and advice on getting started. It's made this process of starting a grail from nothing much less cumbersome.

Attachments

• Grail diary - 1 - Transcribed with Photos (Photos from Celeste Conways Signatures - Transcript...pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

I downloaded the 10 signatures from Celeste (thank you so much) and found the transcription from Marc Kitter online. Since it's not their Native language I went through it and revised some of the grammatical errors from the 1st signature.

So what I did to make it easier for my 1st go at a Grail diary...is combine the revised transcription with the correct spacing of the sentences and the photos and such from Celeste's Signature into a combined document. Now I can look at one source (since I'm writing my Grail diary by hand) instead of the handwriting from Celeste's and Marc's transcription separately. I found that Marc had not transcribed 3 of the pages in Celeste's 1st signature (at least they were not in the same order as Celeste's pages. They may show up later in Marc's transcription.) from the page describing the Stone fallen from Heaven to the picture of Galahad. I've transcribed and added those pages in the file with the photos spaced correctly (these appear in blue font).

I also took some liberty with the pages at the beginning since there is a blank page in Celeste's 1st Signature. I spaced Henry Jones signature and the quote over two pages (I liked the look of this). And also, the page with the Latin and the translation below it...neither was the exact translation for the other. I took the English translation that Marc had and translated it into Latin, then used that as the Latin script so that they would accurately be translated back and fourth.

I hope it's okay to take two peoples previous works and make a combined work on here (since I'm newer to the forums (posting anyway)). If this is something that other people can use please let me know and as I go I will add the PDF of each signature.

Here is the 1st signature as it stands now. Please let me know what you think and thank you all for your posts and advice on getting started. It's made this process of starting a grail from nothing much less cumbersome.
Awesome, keep up the good work, love seeing your PDF!!!

I downloaded the 10 signatures from Celeste (thank you so much) and found the transcription from Marc Kitter online. Since it's not their Native language I went through it and revised some of the grammatical errors from the 1st signature.

Thank you for this improvement! I'm glad to see some of my flaws being ironed out hehehe, this will be a big help whenever I work on a second version of the diary.

I downloaded the 10 signatures from Celeste (thank you so much) and found the transcription from Marc Kitter online. Since I read that it's not their Native language I went through it and revised some of the grammatical errors from the 1st signature.

P.S - there is a slight issue with spacing on one page (I just noticed at 2 am on Saturday) and the photo covers up a line of text, I will fix this as soon as I have access to it again!

So, as I stated previously I will be hand writing my grail diary. I'm not sure if there are others out there that are trying to recreate the experience or just the final result. But I am also writing up as much of the inserts by hand as well. Including the things that were made using a typewriter (Donovan Letter, Pinkerton letters, etc). I'll post the original's (From Celeste's File) and the modified blanks to be used in a typewriter. That way you get that authentic feel for the depth of the page.

Below are Donovan's Letter and The packing Label (For use if I cannot find what I want in the wild).

If I find other documents that need editing to remove computer typewriter font I will post them on this thread. If people can think of ones that should be added...please let me know.

Attachments

• Grail Diary Envelope Address Alternative (Created by Petertiger).JPG
    Grail Diary Envelope Address Alternative (Created by Petertiger).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 83
  • My-Grail Diary Envelope Address Alternative (Created by Petertiger).jpg
    My-Grail Diary Envelope Address Alternative (Created by Petertiger).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 72
  • My-purple-Grail Diary Envelope Address Alternative (Created by Petertiger).jpg
    My-purple-Grail Diary Envelope Address Alternative (Created by Petertiger).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot Walter Donovan Letter to H Jones (Created by Celeste C.png
    Screenshot Walter Donovan Letter to H Jones (Created by Celeste C.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 63
  • My - Walter Donovan Letter to H Jones (Created by Celeste Conway).jpg
    My - Walter Donovan Letter to H Jones (Created by Celeste Conway).jpg
    140 KB · Views: 62
I always wished it was easier for starting diary makers to get desired inserts (official and fan made) so I'm just gonna dump my entire file of inserts
Celeste Conway
Raider of the Doomed Crusade

EDIT:
I've removed these inserts as I feel uncomfortable sharing these inserts as they are other people's work and I've forgotten to properly credit them so I don't feel right freely giving them compared to my own work in the Signatures, if you still wish to get a hold of my collection of inserts request an invite to the Archive Google Drive.
Hello how can I get a hold of your insert file. Me and my son are doing a father and son project. And we found this cool site. Is it possible you can share them to us. Thank you

Also if anyone wants the long fold out map with the best writing I could sort out then here it is, its an a4 pdf to be printed with no edges. It comes out good on aged paper.
mbeech Just curious if you have these maps without writing on them so that I can do it by hand with Ink. Thanks!

Celeste Conway Also...Curious if you or anyone have ever gone through and made sure these grail pages are in the correct order. I found a July 1920 entry in the middle of the 2nd signature with is in the early 1900's.

Anyone object to me trying to jumble these signatures around to the correct order? or to do so to the best of my abilities?

Edit: I've gone further into signature 2 and found a bunch that need to be shifted over to signature 5. and some things that have been repeated as well. I'm going to try and take the time to make sure all are in the right spot. At least...in the right spot for me.

Last edited:
"Dad's Grail Diary, Every Clue He Ever Followed, Every Discovery He Made, A Complete Record Of His Search For The Holy Grail, This Is His Whole Life"

After clearing out my old laptop I recovered my old Grail Diary files that I created to use in my own Grail Diary back in 2016 but never got around to but now I hope to put them to good use. Anyway, if anyone wants free Starter Grail Diary pages here you go:

EDIT: Have had a lot of questions and confusion about how to create this version over the years so came back to update.

1. For clarity each PDF is a signature in a book, print each one double-sided short ways, fold in half, and then start stacking them from the first page inwards

2. Due to the age of this project I've forgotten where I intended all the inserts to be placed so the choice of inserts is completely up to you and since this is a story version you can freely add whatever ones you think flesh out the story, my collection of Inserts is available below and I intend to start my own versions after finishing some other projects.

I hope this clears up some confusion among novices but feel free to ask questions.

Enjoy!

Official and Unofficial Diary Inserts: Official and Fan Created Inserts (Created by Various) (Credit Clean-up Needed) - Google Drive

Sincerely
Celeste Conway
Slayer13 They put the files in their original post (1st page of this thread, 1st entry). Listed as "Official and Unofficial Diary Inserts.

mbeech Just curious if you have these maps without writing on them so that I can do it by hand with Ink. Thanks!

Celeste Conway Also...Curious if you or anyone have ever gone through and made sure these grail pages are in the correct order. I found a July 1920 entry in the middle of the 2nd signature with is in the early 1900's.

Anyone object to me trying to jumble these signatures around to the correct order? or to do so to the best of my abilities?

Edit: I've gone further into signature 2 and found a bunch that need to be shifted over to signature 5. and some things that have been repeated as well. I'm going to try and take the time to make sure all are in the right spot. At least...in the right spot for me.
Hello again!

Those are my own pages, any mistake with them are my own but I'm fairly certain if there is a mistake it would be with whoever folded it but I'll have a quick scan, funny if that mistake's gone over my head for nearly 5 years hahah.

PM if you wish to discuss more grail diary stuff!

Hello again!

Those are my own pages, any mistake with them are my own but I'm fairly certain if there is a mistake it would be with whoever folded it but I'll have a quick scan, funny if that mistake's gone over my head for nearly 5 years hahah.

PM if you wish to discuss more grail diary stuff!
I noticed a few problems with them as well which is why I used them, the Marc Kitter text and a few other sources to create my own with the Gardenisa font.
So thanks to Celeste for the boost and the incentive.

I noticed a few problems with them as well which is why I used them, the Marc Kitter text and a few other sources to create my own with the Gardenisa font.
So thanks to Celeste for the boost and the incentive.
did you ever publish these alterations? just as a reference I mean for others to go off of?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back