Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

That just seems like Hasbro Black Series territory right now, it’s odd for another company to be doing something similar. Particularly when it’s on the same price point and not a cheap Halloween costume or high end replica
Hasbro has the "Toy" license, which is why all the Black Series helmets had some form of electronic feature, voice changer or sounds, or lights. It made them "Role Play" toys rather than Collectibles or replicas or even strictly Costume pieces in the eyes of the license.

There are no mentions of any electronic or "play" feature on the JazWares helmet, and the description on GameStop sites, "Jazwares Costume Play creates Halloween fun for every member of the family." (Emphasis mine.)

This makes me think JazWares has the Costume license now.

Wasn't the first helmet made from a scan of ESB Fett?

if I remember correctly, yes. Think only difference is the visor's size and the range finder's size but these changes are minor, and helmet still looks amazing.

Preorder at Haslab is $99
In 2020 helmet retailed for $120.
But for $99 or even $120 is a bargain price for a mass-produced helmet that looks pretty amazing.

But does anybody know if the Helmet is a reissue or an updated version? cause in the Haslab pics, the paint looks better than the 2020, unless its a proto helmet and final product will look the same from 2020

Damage pattern on the new one seems a little different from the Black Series

Attachments

• fetts compared 2024.png
    fetts compared 2024.png
    13.6 MB · Views: 65
Damage pattern on the new one seems a little different from the Black Series
I would go back to the first release marketing photos of the helmet and box and compare them to these new images. Often such images vary from what is actually in the box. I wouldn’t be surprised if the reused the same photos since it’s just a re-release.

I would go back to the first release marketing photos of the helmet and box and compare them to these new images. Often such images vary from what is actually in the box. I wouldn’t be surprised if the reused the same photos since it’s just a re-release.
Yeaaaaah... bummer. Well we should wait to see what the released version looks like.

I like a little improvement between reissues... Hasbro's Vader Black series got better recently.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 4.45.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 4.45.25 PM.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 41
Hasbro has the "Toy" license, which is why all the Black Series helmets had some form of electronic feature, voice changer or sounds, or lights. It made them "Role Play" toys rather than Collectibles or replicas or even strictly Costume pieces in the eyes of the license.

There are no mentions of any electronic or "play" feature on the JazWares helmet, and the description on GameStop sites, "Jazwares Costume Play creates Halloween fun for every member of the family." (Emphasis mine.)

This makes me think JazWares has the Costume license now.
Would that mean Rubies no longer has the low-end costume license?

Available now…

It's $99 USD today with FREE SHIPPING from ShopDisney.com. And it's NOT a Hasbro Black Series! (it's SLIGHTLY smaller then the Black Series)

Yeaaaaah... bummer. Well we should wait to see what the released version looks like.

I like a little improvement between reissues... Hasbro's Vader Black series got better recently.
I have the G1 Fett Black Series helmet... and I was LUCKY that the helmet dome details weren't that misaligned. The G1 helmets had problems with the kill stripes printed "slanted" on the side, and the (helmet's) right side silver scrapes/damage was often raised too high, and did not meet the red brow trim.

Also, the helmet colors appear more accurate on the box, but in real life the colors are more muted.

It would be interesting to see if the latest release was a smooth sculpt which would lend to a much better re-re-re-release of the prototype helmet.

It's also nice to see the overspray on the kill stripes added.

So I learned yesterday I never pre ordered my Gideon helmet

I’m losing my mind…

Hopefully I can grab one on Amazon…

So if Hasbro doesnt make it.. who does?
or it could still be made by hasbro and not marketed as a black series helmet.
they did something similar with the x-wing Luke and infamous "LEBEL PILOT" helmet they sold in the parks. They had different features than the black series but were still largely the same. Probably both made by hasbro but one a higher collector quality Black Series version and one the Galaxys Edge version.

theres a thread on this very topic in the x-wing line

I would not be surprised if they did this with the clone phase 2 line. It would be interesting to see what the differences are, and if they continue this with other lines.

So if Hasbro doesnt make it.. who does?
or it could still be made by hasbro and not marketed as a black series helmet.
they did something similar with the x-wing Luke and infamous "LEBEL PILOT" helmet they sold in the parks. They had different features than the black series but were still largely the same. Probably both made by hasbro but one a higher collector quality Black Series version and one the Galaxys Edge version.

theres a thread on this very topic in the x-wing line

I would not be surprised if they did this with the clone phase 2 line. It would be interesting to see what the differences are, and if they continue this with other lines.

Not to be rude but It’s just a plastic helmet, not rocket science. Disney most likely does business with several manufacturers (likely in China) to make unique items including toys to sell in their parks. They simply send a 3D scan provided by LFL of the helmet, and tell the manufacturer what they want and they make it.

Like this clone helmet and the x-wing helmet, there is different proportions and moldings. There is nothing about them that speaks to the same manufacturer lineage.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back