Blade Runner Blaster

I will also say great job.

Rich

Thanks again to everyone. Andy mate, you are too kind! Karl T., as you know I'm eternally grateful for you opening the door on the original

Rich, this comment is especially welcome and my grateful thanks to you for taking the time after all you are equally responsible for helping us gain access to this fine prop replica - indeed it can be argued that Sid raised the bar simply because you had already done so..

I was delighted to see your last WorldCon on eBay fetched a good $$ return and this is what I wrote on Propsummit regarding the price:

"As I said elsewhere, while we can argue the merits and accuracy of each blaster release (as well as the accusations of re-casting), I have to admit to being profoundly grateful to ALL of the gifted people who have made it their business to produce fabulous replica’s for the rest of us to build and enjoy.

Rich for all his grumpiness has for the most part worked especially hard at giving us a top-notch version. Considering the time and resources spent researching, building and finally producing these, I think that kind of money is not unexpected nor in the least bit undeserved.

I have recently being debating the issue of 'what is art?' with another exceptionally gifted prop builder and while he firmly disagrees with me, its my opinion that an original item like a SidKit or RAC blaster (or BR bottle, or SW saber etc. etc. etc.) is as much a piece of 'art' as a beautifully painted portrait or study of Han Solo, Chris Reeve or a classic figure study painting.

It therefore stands to reason that I believe Rich (and others here) produce popular art. Pity the hours, days and months are seldom acknowledged by the general public for the specialized skills that are employed.."

Signature.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful work KramStaar, very inspiring. Your site is also an attractive and informative bit o' work too! Thanks for posting!

Hands down, the greatest blaster build to ever grace these pages. Beautiful job!

Thank you to everyone ..! :)

As an addition to this prop, herewith some paperwork that might be useful to all the Blade Runner's out there...

click on the image to go to the download page...

I have compiled the manual based on the book I got for my Colt .45. It's been modified with some gobbledegook text but generally its real words that are firearm care and maintenance related. The diagrams are just for show and I used the Hartford exploded diagrams as reference because they were so cool - hence the free download.

As some members here know, I had the privilege of seeing Dan Lanigan's prize acquisition a few months back (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=266667) and looking at it I decided that it was high time to restore my Worldcon build so that it was more in keeping with the original - as it currently is - instead of it remaining totally rusted and worn out.

I stripped my blaster back, repainted, reworked and restored it from the ground up.

Thanks for looking.
Regards

MARK

Raats_Worldcon01.jpg

Raats_Worldcon02.jpg

Raats_Worldcon03.jpg

Raats_Worldcon04.jpg

Raats_Worldcon05.jpg

Raats_Worldcon06.jpg

Raats_Worldcon07.jpg

This started as a Sid right? Such a spectacular build. Is that a real weaver knob? Super crisp casting if not!

The rust effect is just amazing... same technique?

Yep, same technique just with a finer brush. I still used a tiny amount of the rust-colored pencil ground down to make powder but for the rest, a light dusting of graphite powder to the paint stipple did the trick

This started as a Sid right? Such a spectacular build. Is that a real weaver knob? Super crisp casting if not!

It did indeed but it has been modified extensively over the years to include quite a few real parts. Both the Weaver and the Binding post are also real, many thanks.

It's a beauty!

Thank you sir, words of high praise indeed.

Back