Limited Run Blade Runner Roy Batty Trench Coat!

Jameel Ur

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

I changed this thread into Limited Run.
I'm going to start taking orders for this Iconic Roy Batty Black Leather Coat.
This coat is available for sale, the price is $850 including shipping and custom sizing.
You guys can place your order at excellentleather2012@gmail.com.
This is fully handmade item and takes much time, it'll take 8-10 weeks to ship to you.

Note: All tubes color would be black instead orange.

Thanks,
Jameel Ur
ELS ROY BATTY COAT 8.jpg
ELS ROY BATTY COAT 7.jpg
ELS ROY BATTY COAT 6.jpg
ELS ROY BATTY COAT 9.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a FB post about this coat auction but I couldn't figure it out.
Hopefully I'll get better reference images.
Here's the listing (and I imagine if you explain your purpose you could probably get additional angles):

Is it just me, or does anyone else really like the red accents showing through? Personally, I think that makes it look cooler!

Thank you Tommy,
I'm willing to develop this amazing movie costumes for Blade Runner Fans.
Definitely this is deluxe coat, and will take time to screen aurate coat.

Here's the listing (and I imagine if you explain your purpose you could probably get additional angles):

Is it just me, or does anyone else really like the red accents showing through? Personally, I think that makes it look cooler!
Screenshot_20221029-102916_Chrome.jpg

So I'm guessing reading the Prop Store blurb it was originally an orange coat sprayed or painted black by the production team ?
I noticed green on the left breast too..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029-102916_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029-102916_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
Black, black, black!
You need to get "those precious photos" and work your magic.
After being lucky to get one of your amazing Deckard trenches, I am V interested, pending price and details.

Black, black, black!
You need to get "those precious photos" and work your magic.
After being lucky to get one of your amazing Deckard trenches, I am V interested, pending price and details.
Thanks for your appreciation.
I have gathered many great images and searching more details.
I have a concern about coat custom lock.
Where can I get coat's lock/closing metals.

So I'm guessing reading the Prop Store blurb it was originally an orange coat sprayed or painted black by the production team ?
I noticed green on the left breast too..
The variety of colors in the listing photos is rather intriguing, and seems to become more confusing the closer you look. My overall impression is that the bright orange/red is restricted to the piping... though there are a few scattered spots of red outside of the piping (such as on the lower left collar) that I can't account for, along with some red threads along the right edge of the collar. Meanwhile, I get the general impression that the main jacket material started out brown, with the green a product of discoloration - perhaps from mold or a reaction of the dye. But those green patches (also visible on the back left shoulder blade and back left side of the collar) are uniform enough to make me wonder if it could have been a mix of green and brown leather. Then again, there seem to be a few spots of green on the front right shoulder piping, and even some blue in places (though I can't tell if the blue is just due to lighting).

Interestingly, I suspect the orange/red piping may have been the intended design, and then switched to all-black as an after-thought. If you take a look at the Blade Runner photo on this page...
... you can not only spot some of the red showing at the bottom of the coat, but also the bottoms and side stripes of the pants look like they started out red before being crudely darkened.

I'm personally not in need of a replica of this coat, but if there's interest in pinning down these or other details, the auction is still a few days away (plus it likely won't get shipped out immediately), so it could be worth running any lingering questions by Propstore. I would just preface the email with a statement specifying that you're from the RPF and asking for the sake of replication / historical documentation, so that they can prioritize last-minute questions from bidders. You might even inquire about getting shots of the interior; that would probably help with the replication, and might offer some clarity about the colors.

I have a concern about coat custom lock.
Where can I get coat's lock/closing metals.
Identified in the Tested comments:

Identified in the Tested comments:
Thanks for your help.
I'll look into that as I start working on it.

Certainly seems like a black coat with orange rubber trim which was painted--isn't that what Savage said in the video? It's wild to get to see this up close! So f'n cool!

Hey all,

I'm going to start work on this coat, I have question about turn-lock finish/ color. What finish/ color should I get for this black coat?

Black, black, black baby!
I have been wearing leather leather, vaguely similar jackets for years because of that ugly, dreadful looking coat.......
and I still want it!
If you can pull this off Jameel, cost and accuracy permitting, I am all in for this.
Nick G

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back