blickfangQ2- Iron Man XLV Mk 45 Build (3D Printed)

Glued in some details:

Unfortunately the superglue was too aggressive and the silver paint was damaged a bit. But nothing too bad...
IMG_5296.jpg

I printed the Biceps:
I cut it in half with meshmixer so I barely needed support! :)
IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

I adjusted my print settings further.
0.20 mm Layer height ist a lot better than 0.28 and still fast enough. I love my Sidewinder X1... so fast... printed at 100mm/s (walls 50mm/s)
About 6-7 hours for each half :)

3D printing is easy. Try it without a template and without a 3D printer. that is a challenge

I don’t know what you are trying to say here besides talking other people’s work down and eliminating motivation.
I guess there are always people denying progress in Tools.
For example: Try to build a table without screws and and Glue. It’s sure possible, but I guess you won’t argue with the craftsmanship that goes into tables and other woodwork built with power tools. With new tools, new ways of construction are born.
Saying 3D Printing is easy is also simply not true. It’s a base. I can guide you to plenty examples where people create very bad results although their prints looked good in the first place.
Besides I worked dozens of hours preparing and modifying files that where never supposed to be 3D printed. I guess there is always a preferred way to crafting and building and that is very subjective.
So to sum this up: please stop bashing other people work, stop trying to show of how great you are by talking other people’s work down.
This is a supportive community and if you have this attitude you might want to look somewhere else for attention.
Cheers

Back to topic... more progress:

Fixed the pieces together with some tape and soldered them together with the overhang Brim that was still there for buildplate adhesion :)
IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

Will start sanding now [emoji1303]

Looking very good!

Is the wood filler soft when fully dry? or softer than the print material

Thanks!
I would say the wood filler is softer than the PLA and very easy to sand. I’m experimenting with applying the wood filler with a tiny bit of water. That way it doesn’t dry out during applying and gets in every corner.

Have you considered Dolphin Glaze? it applies easily, fills in well and hardens to a more durable state. It would increase sanding efforts if you apply more than the skin needed. In any event, your doing great work.

Have you considered Dolphin Glaze? it applies easily, fills in well and hardens to a more durable state. It would increase sanding efforts if you apply more than the skin needed. In any event, your doing great work.

Interesting stuff... I’ll look into it if it’s available in Germany :)

Here is more Progress:
- 100 grid paper on a Dremel drum
- 150 grid paper by Hand
IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg

I don’t know what you are trying to say here besides talking other people’s work down and eliminating motivation.
I guess there are always people denying progress in Tools.
For example: Try to build a table without screws and and Glue. It’s sure possible, but I guess you won’t argue with the craftsmanship that goes into tables and other woodwork built with power tools. With new tools, new ways of construction are born.
Saying 3D Printing is easy is also simply not true. It’s a base. I can guide you to plenty examples where people create very bad results although their prints looked good in the first place.
Besides I worked dozens of hours preparing and modifying files that where never supposed to be 3D printed. I guess there is always a preferred way to crafting and building and that is very subjective.
So to sum this up: please stop bashing other people work, stop trying to show of how great you are by talking other people’s work down.
This is a supportive community and if you have this attitude you might want to look somewhere else for attention.
Cheers

sorry for my Post.

nice Job. I made it too

Dolphin Glaze is a Upol product and is made in the UK so I'd hazard a guess it is available in Germany as well as elsewhere in Europe. I can get it in the US so it's probably everywhere. It's a great filler in that it sands smoothly, doesn't crack or crumble and has a favorable working time so you can get the application as smooth as possible, reducing sanding efforts. Your parts thus far look very good. I'm looking forward to the finished suit.

Any plans for electronics?

First coat of filler primer to see where I have more work to do... I managed to catch a few flys [emoji28]

IMG_5269.jpg

Sanded it by Hand with 150grid Paper again:
Adjustments.jpg

Some presto filler:
IMG_5273.jpg

And Boom [emoji2956] not too bad! But still lots of little dents and a few layer lines...
IMG_5275.jpg

Damn. Such nice work.

Thanks [emoji4]

Next up: Shoulder

It’s a 3 part section. Bottom one printed very well
IMG_5276.jpg

The middle one not so much. The supports didn’t stick to the print and I got layer separation [emoji52]
I’ll rework the print setting and add some more support...
IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back