Breakdown of the Ahsoka Live-Action Phase 2 Captain Rex costume

the artist probably thought the Jaig eyes were horns and moved them up to be more horn-like.. i might decide if i want to move them down on my BS helmet.. and i think i will make some of the other paint changes on it as well... just so its more REX.

The 501st color has changed so many times its not funny. Every time a new product comes out its different. The old Sideshow statues from ep3 had one color, the Kotobukiya had another, the toys their own, the films and cartoons were a mix.. the 501st has a few as well.. I have seen clone armor vary between guys standing next to eachother (probably from different garrisons or even from updated CRLs).

well fun stuff! Now on to deliberation...

the artist probably thought the Jaig eyes were horns and moved them up to be more horn-like.. i might decide if i want to move them down on my BS helmet.. and i think i will make some of the other paint changes on it as well... just so its more REX.
Cobalt speculates it was simply an accident painting them so high up on the dome.

Last edited:
Cobalt speculates it was simply an accident painting them so high up on the dome.
they had a few accidents on this one.
These are all stamped too.. they aren't painted by hand.. they are all the same. They do all the black series painting the same way.
The original may have been misinterpreted or accidental.. whatever it was it was the basis for all the rest of the line that ran thru the paint stamper machine. If it was accidental enough to add a fake blaster mark to cover the mistake, there was time to correct it at some point if they knew.
But, yeah, its all speculation on this end.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back