Limited Run [BRRogers/Verity Cosplay/7 Chambers] "Mom of All Heroes" ORDERING

IMG_4926.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg

IMG_4929.jpeg

Updates per TXQ: (which were posted on Facebook but I forgot here)

Everything is packed and in transit to Lewis with the exception of the Helper boards, which (in this 3rd version) are proving to be a difficult element. Our attention is currently on them fully to suss out the issue that is causing problems for factories.

Will it be possible to order a idealized grenade section eventually?

Have a MoM of all Heroes Gen 2 that I am dying to source an idealized section for!

Shiit. I’ve already got one ordered but now I find myself wanting a second. And that’s after I ordered a hero and isyhcanl from DaveP >_<. This addiction is evil but I can’t stop.

Hi guys: we were waiting on helper boards V3. TXQ was having issues with the files there for some reason… having opted to use another vendor for helper boards the actual hilts are now (by confirmation from TXQ THIS morning) *actually* being shipped to Lewis.

I realize in my post above Jan 17- it seemed as though they had shipped. At the time I was under the impression they had but they were being held in hopes of quickly resolving and including the new helper boards. I have to apologize for that miscommunication. Now 1 month later (after Chinese new years) they are actually shipping. The V3 helper boards are also in process and will be finished out in house to mitigate any other 3rd party vendor assembly issues regarding the pcbs.

Last edited:
Hi guys: we were waiting on helper boards V3. TXQ was having issues with the files there for some reason… having opted to use another vendor for helper boards the actual hilts are now (by confirmation from TXQ THIS morning) *actually* being shipped to Lewis.

I realize in my post above Jan 17- it seemed as though they had shipped. At the time I was under the impression they had but they were being held in hopes of quickly resolving and including the new helper boards. I have to apologize for that miscommunication. Now 1 month later (after Chinese new years) they are actually shipping. The V3 helper boards are also in process and will be finished out in house to mitigate any other 3rd party vendor assembly issues regarding the pcbs.
Any chance a batch of them can be sent to someone in the U.S. for redistribution? I never received the missing greeblie for the CC and am not confident I'll get one of the V3 helper boards if they have to route through the U.K. and back to me.

IMG_5522.jpeg
IMG_5523.jpeg

Mom Hilts by TXQ have been received by Lewis in the UK.

Per his update on the ‘Veracity Labs’ Facebook page:

Now this is an exciting Thin Neck Thursday!

Chinese New Year is over, so that means the MoM have arrived!

The next step is quality control and hand finishing, as we have always done for the MoM hilt to meet our high standards.

V3 helper boards are now made in-house by hand to ensure quality, and the authenticity of each component we use - and to avoid misplaced leds, which we have recieved before. The reveal boards are standard FR4 (a neutral colour) and not the black FR4 we requested, so we will be working to find a new supplier for those with a 5 working day turnaround - obviously we want the most accurate components, so we will not rest until they are right!

The plan is to prep 15 hilts per week - we feel this is a realistic figure to ensure every hilt meets our strict standards - and will be listed every weekend. If you purchased a MoM through the old 7C owners, you will receive a refund from the old 7C site, and then an invitation from the new distributor to re-purchase. Obviously this will be dealt with first before spares are open to the public. All in all we have 80 hilts, and about 30 pending orders, so there will be plenty to go around when the time comes.

But for now, we will be posting pictures as we work through each mini batch!

Cheers!
VL” (Lewis)

Wednesday update: Feb 29th. (Per Lewis)

“A few Eagle eyed folks mentioned the MoM are shiny this time - that is how they come from factory, but the signature finish has always been brushed. Each MoM is hand finished to perfection - these are the best quality MoM to date for certain, but we are super fussy! Each hilt takes approximately 2.5 hours which involves brushing each and every pommel 'cube' wall, first with wet & dry sandpaper, then super fine scotchbrite. Then there's inspecting every other part and repeating the same until there is a sublime finish - afterwards follows all the aches & pains after sanding all day.

Some key notes to add:

We've had to order more of the black grub screws that go in the static emitter tip - while we do have some to keep us going for now, more are needed to cover all hilts. These are not ordinary M4x0.7 grub screws - they are M4x0.5 AKA fine metric pitch grub screws which are a pain to source. 200 screws were ordered from China with an estimated 8-10 working day delivery from the seller.

Correct reveal boards are locked in and ordered. The boring technical stuff: the boards needed black FR4 core board, green soldermask, yellow silkscreen, and immersion gold traces. The factory we initially ordered them off done everything apart from the yellow silkscreen and black FR4 core board which was annoyingly unexpected. The new factory has given an estimate of 7-10 working days as they have to order in the black FR4 just for our order, making it a special order.

With everything moving quickly, we are getting closer to having some ready to ship to existing customers. We will contact each and every one of you (some of you would of had refunds already) once your old order is refunded, along with the invitation to purchase from the new distributor at your leisure. That invitation will be reserved until you are ready, so there will be no rush.

Anywho. Here's some Before (bottom hilt) vs. After (top hilt)!

VL”
(Lewis)

IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5631.jpeg

IMG_5630.jpeg

IMG_5633.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg

The crystal chambers as of yet do not have an update- except I believe that Lewis is (albeit slowly) contacting people to deal with processing and discussing those orders. Malaki Skywalker - any comment/ update to offer there?

Chamber orders are still being cancelled for now until a factory is found that can handle 5 axis machining without putting the chamber price up to unviable levels (cost per chamber is sitting at £145+ just for machining alone). While basic parts are available, the stainless and brass top end assembly is the cost killer. Refunds for those will go out with the previous/old MoM order refunds in the coming few weeks.

Update on Facebook via Lewis: March 8th

…”More hilts have been hand finished - 10-15 per week currently, which is comfortable for one person. The pommels being the most time consuming because of all the valleys and 'cube' walls - it is completely worth it, as they come out flawless! There's a closer look below.
IMG_5681.jpeg

Helper board V4.1 - everything is here. All of the components, 400 blank PCB's etc. We went through the board one last time to ensure the board is solid. 2oz copper layer, thick traces for the board load, and reduced from 4 layers to 2. The switch can take upto 6.3A at a full battery charge, and 4.3A on a low battery charge - more than capable for running sound boards. We will start assembling these in panels of 20 over the weekend, which will keep us going for the foreseeable future. If it is just a helper board you need (without a reveal set) then we will work to make the extra 5-10 boards per week free to pick up through the page ASAP.
IMG_5683.jpeg

IMG_5682.jpeg

Reveal boards - the factory is 6 working days into fabrication. This is the last piece of the electronic puzzle. Early next week we should see a big push from them for completion and shipping. We have the updated brass mesh design by Bryan in-hand already.
IMG_5686.jpeg

M4 fine thread emitter tip screws - Royal Mail have confirmed they're expecting them next week. That's all that is left mechanically to stock up on.

That's everything for now, so roll on MoMday!” -Lewis

My personal note on the brass: this is cleaned up and paired down from the last set. It is a little bit thicker also as Shane Craig referenced with his production used brass. The little odd shape will require darkening and bending a bit (if used) to match what I’ve interpreted from the best reference available so far.

Update on Facebook via Lewis: March 8th

…”More hilts have been hand finished - 10-15 per week currently, which is comfortable for one person. The pommels being the most time consuming because of all the valleys and 'cube' walls - it is completely worth it, as they come out flawless! There's a closer look below.
View attachment 1797922
Helper board V4.1 - everything is here. All of the components, 400 blank PCB's etc. We went through the board one last time to ensure the board is solid. 2oz copper layer, thick traces for the board load, and reduced from 4 layers to 2. The switch can take upto 6.3A at a full battery charge, and 4.3A on a low battery charge - more than capable for running sound boards. We will start assembling these in panels of 20 over the weekend, which will keep us going for the foreseeable future. If it is just a helper board you need (without a reveal set) then we will work to make the extra 5-10 boards per week free to pick up through the page ASAP.
View attachment 1797923
View attachment 1797924
Reveal boards - the factory is 6 working days into fabrication. This is the last piece of the electronic puzzle. Early next week we should see a big push from them for completion and shipping. We have the updated brass mesh design by Bryan in-hand already.
View attachment 1797925
M4 fine thread emitter tip screws - Royal Mail have confirmed they're expecting them next week. That's all that is left mechanically to stock up on.

That's everything for now, so roll on MoMday!” -Lewis

My personal note on the brass: this is cleaned up and paired down from the last set. It is a little bit thicker also as Shane Craig referenced with his production used brass. The little odd shape will require darkening and bending a bit (if used) to match what I’ve interpreted from the best reference available so far.
Thanks for the update! For those of us needing just the helper boards, what page should we visit to make that known? I recall a Google Doc a while back, but I'm not sure that's still the proper location.

As I understand Lewis is still processing refunds in small batches- just hang tight. Once the refund is issued a private re-order link will be made available via individual communication for the new site.

More updates about this on the Veracity Facebook: but the new helpers and reveals are moving along well.
Lewis let me know that he needs more clampcards: So I’m a bout to send a batch from my inventory his way.
Once I finish my home chores and making dinner I’ll repost his updates :p

Here are the latest photos from Facebook updates:
March 11th:
Helper board component hot flow assembly progress (in house by Lewis)
IMG_5828.jpeg

March 20th:
ICs and reveals received. This batch got gold surface finish- so scratching the tin won’t be necessary this round…
A small detail to make finishing easier.
IMG_5829.jpeg

Lewis is working on flowing the ICs and these will be ready for the run/ Ala cart (availability tbd soon)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back