Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer

I've just been looking back at all this...what the heck !!, what's that flattened dome thing all about,,? there's some sort of alchemy going on here. Julien, I reckon you're some kinda Xmen fella, nobody has these skills without genetic alterations..:love:love

Phil

Haha Phil, I wont take any credit for those great flattened dome patterns, just modified a bit the ones created by Scratchy for his scaled down version !

So I take it a Star Destroyer is like, the craziest Star Wars thing to build, right? Seriously impressive.

Thanks practicecactus, I'm not sure that's the craziest thing to build, maybe in term of time and money (and space lol), but you can also count the Neb, the SSD, the MonCal ships, the RBR, the 5 footer and of course both Deat Stars !

But actually all models are quite challenging, even the small ones. Slave One, AT-AT, AT-ST, X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Fighter... They all have their own challenge !

I just went through the entire thread. This is an incredible build. Julian, could you link to the reference thread? I'm new here and digging for it is going to be impossible. It's amazing to see the various kits they used for the models.

Man, that is all kind of awesome!
I can't imagine all the model kits you must get in the mail. I'm gathering kits for just the 32" Falcon and I must get a package every other day. lol
This stuff is addicting! Your build threads make me anxious to get building.

The deflector shields are crazy I would blow my brains out
trying to make those :confused I knew you were a sick individual
when I saw how you made that!!!:lol:thumbsup

I really have enjoyed seeing the progress you made on this, MonsieurTox! It's really exciting to see something like this come together, especially something so large. I was reading through the Star Wars: Essential Guide to Warfare, and I saw this picture. I'm not sure if it's accurate, but I saw it and thought, hey, maybe it'll help with this build in providing details of the superstructure. Thanks for doing this build!

StarDestroyer1_zpsb6601507.jpg

- Master Tej -

It's been said a million times already, but wow. This is THE most amazing build I've seen... ever. You have a lot more patience than me lol, keep up the amazing work man, you're a god among us mere mortal prop makers

Apologies for the thread bump, but I only saw this today, and joined to say how amazing it was.

Also curious as to why no updates in the last few months?

Thank you very much for your kind words guys ! Really appreciate the comments. :)

Also curious as to why no updates in the last few months?

Because of those guys :

astromech71_zpsf8d93042.jpg

I'm so sorry, I havent time to work on any studio scale models, Im working like a mad guy on the styrene droid to get it completed for Celebration Europe 2.

Thank you guys. Can't help myself, I've started an R5 head (and have a clear dome for a R3 unit in order)... Going to have 4 domes and probably 5 when I'll start an R4 head (to match the astromech unit of my Red 4 X-Wing ! :D).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back